Pfizer moving to a 100% TBO

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Vaccine division hasn't "sold" anything for years. The Pediatric business was taking orders for a product that was sole source and mandated. Of course it was TBO. It may be different now in the Adult market but a lot/most of what they do is recommendation based. Hard to incentivize on a product like that. When they have a little competition then you will see if they can "sell".

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is mine...how do we get rid of the micromanaging assholes?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Less reps ='s less DBMs. We're all toast soon. Enjoy the ride while we can.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

entire thread is a bait and manipulate ploy by a paid for pharma CI rat. Looking to fill in monthly report and answer their client/our competitors questions about pfizers incentive comp structure. we make it all so easy for them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what? That's what makes the world go around. Scratching each others' backs. I'll bet my ass you have top prescribers that pump out the scripts for you and you can't even talk to them. They just sign through the window. I also bet you won't drop them from your TCL. You're greatly benefitting in your job yet you've done nothing to earn it.

Get off of your high horse because you're a hypocrite.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More wasteful speaker programs. Isn't it really funny how the company talks about ROI. Speaker programs have to provide the lowest retun on investment. Wake up corporate. I hope stockholders read this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the typical stockholder going to go? Nothing.
    I love stupid comments like yours.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does not matter not any or all of it. It is just a very stupid unimportant job period.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still very concerned about what will happen to my cell phone after I'm laid off.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI- if they are looking at GSK model, they are admitting it is a failure.

One month after assuming responsibility for running GlaxoSmithKline pharmaceutical operations in North America, Jack Bailey is looking at changing a compensation program for sales reps that has generated complaints and frustration inside the drug maker.

A task force is “in the process of looking at more comprehensive options to simplify” what Glaxo calls its Patient First program, which was begun four years ago in a bid to overhaul marketing practices aimed at physicians. The review was disclosed to Glaxo employees in an April 1 memo, which we have obtained and which was first reported by Bloomberg News.

As we have noted previously, the program was seen as ground breaking because reps are not paid bonuses based on the volume of prescriptions written by doctors. Instead, bonuses have been based on product knowledge, business acumen and understanding needs of patients and physicians, which were assessed in written tests and simulations conducted by third parties.

The hope has been to remove the pressure reps may feel to persuade doctors to write prescriptions, which federal authorities charged sometimes led to inappropriate marketing practices. One year after Glaxo began the program, the drug maker paid a $3 billion fine to the U.S. government to settle allegations of improper drug marketing to physicians, among other things, and signed a corporate integrity agreement that requires Glaxo to monitor its marketing practices.

Sales reps, however, have complained the program contributed to sales declines, because there was less incentive to promote prescriptions, even though managers sometimes emphasized prescriptions, anyway. Glaxo recently began cutting $1.6 billion in expenses annually through 2017 amid falling sales in its key respiratory franchise and an overall sales drop in the U.S. market. Two months ago, Bailey replaced Deirdre Connelly, who launched the program in 2011. The drug maker said she retired.

For now, the program is being tweaked. To appease its reps, Glaxo will no longer base their compensation on so-called simulations in which actual sales calls are simulated and observed as a way to determine bonuses, according to the memo from Bailey. However, a Glaxo spokeswoman writes us that the drug maker remains “resolutely committed to our commercial model.”

Glaxo, she writes, “has led the industry by changing the way we reward our sales representatives. Our approach is based on the core principle that we will not link the compensation of our individual sales representatives with the number of prescriptions generated. Throughout the program we’ve looked for ways to simplify the process but the fundamentals remain the same. This approach has now been rolled out in 150 countries where we operate.”

One Glaxo sales rep viewed the move cautiously. “We remain hopeful about the upcoming changes yet we remain realistic and guarded as well,” says this rep, who asked not to be identified.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TBO is?........ Territory Business Objectives!

It's a totally bastardized Management By Objectives. If you can't generate sales dollars it allows the management to say how wonderful you are in spite of being a lousy salesperson. Can you really be the very best at meeting all the "metrics" but totally a failure at generating sales? Yes you can. For instance, you lose a really crucial formulary status and there is absolutely no way you are going to make quota. Do all the "stuff/metrics" and you are now a hero. This takes the pressure off whatever nitwit up the management chain was so inflexible that it cost you business. I have had this happen with numerous accounts (hospitals).

During your annual review this is where you be sure that these type of events are clearly documented so you have a leg to stand on when they start to fire you for non-performance. Oh, I mean did not meet objectives, so sorry!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It works the same way across the corporation - meeting your metrics is far more important than doing your job!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're now 50% TBO. What a mess.
    Perfect way to take the teeth out of a tiger.
    It's all based on process. Very little to do with results.
    The key to success is to use (or fake) the use of key irep slides and send a lot of letters and
    only repeat POA message...do not sell.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's 20% for GIP. Did it magically switch back to 50%?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please folks not like we work real hard :)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up r***** get back to the basement :)