Remoxy (Let's beat this dead horse)

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok I realize there have been multiple threads on this drug. But as of this week (former) partner Pain Therapeutics stated they are planning to resubmit the drug for approval and have hired a regulatory person to work on it. Remind me again why we gave up on a perfectly good drug and now will have to detail against it in the future?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pain-therapeutics-resumes-responsibility-remoxy-121553943.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pain-therapeutics-announces-appointment-senior-120000504.html

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rumor (reported on this board) is that the reformulation did something to the abuse-deterrence profile, crippling its reason for being.

Pfizer probably looked at this market, saw the army of generic competition arrayed against it, looked at the failures of Zohydro and Hysingla, saw the diminishing sales of OxyContin, estimated how much time and money it would take to fix the problem, and said the ER pain space is not where the money is. There is huge payer pressure to stick with generic opioids, of which there are millions.

Zohydro and Hysingla a different in that they are hydrocodone, but the market overall is contracting. Generic immediate release oyxcodone sales are going through the roof (largely because you can get 30 mg of oxycodone in 1 pill). Not a place for big pharma, but maybe a small company like PT can make a go of it. I doubt it. Zogenix is pretty much dead.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But I thought others had said the pk studies failed? Why would Pain Therapeutics believe it is approvable if the drug truly had failed one or the other?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A $100 million to Pfizer is half of a crumb. It's a good year's revenue for PT. Plus maybe they think they're smarter than Pfizer.

I think they're nuts. This market is bad for these products. PT's only path is to fix the PK or abuse deterrence and sell it cheap enough for payer's to care.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because Pfizer is truly a stupid company. Drug is one of many and isn't worth the time yo promote it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, it isn't worth the time to promote Remoxy or Oxcecta, or Avinza or Embeda, or Troxica TR, or Hydrotroxica TR, or HydromorphoTroxica TR -

or any other Opio-Abuse-Me-No drug.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between all these opioid products Pfizer must be pulling in at least $2-million a month. I mean, my God, since Pfizer manhandled King Pharma, it's been in the opioid business for over four years!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Remoxy (Let's beat this dead orse)

No, it's more like a few hundred scripts of Embeda per month - only thousands of dollars, not millions. There is so little interest that Pfizer has enrolled only 1 patient so far in an Embeda pediatric study that started over 2 years ago.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Remoxy (Let's beat this dead orse)

Geesus! Ask for a waiver, man! It ain't rocket science, unless you're an idiot and plan to spend millions of dollars on a controlled release drug that isn't used in kids just because that's what Forrest would do. (Forrest Gump not Forest Labs.)