Durata Base Salary vs Forest/Actavis Base Salary

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Durata counterpart makes $35k more in base salary.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the base salaries for Durata reps start at 150k. Any word on when our salaries will be adjusted?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Higher salaries usually mean first to go, selling their antibiotic is no different than selling Teflaro, i.e. slow mover, long sell cycle, stewardship,... etc, blah blah blah, it will be used when all else fails type of selling message...yawn..

You should be grateful that your base is not as high as theirs. The farce is that they can impact the antibiotic landscape any better/faster than what we can do. Its not like their drug has been flying off the shelf, most of them have little to no business and likely would have been chopped even if the company was not acquired by Activis.

Slow sales led to the acquisition, Durata never stood a chance to go it alone for the short or long run. The sales force was bleeding the company coffers and that is something that Brent will not take lightly.

Lower base reps have less of a cross hair on their back.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me when I tell you TBM's don't make $150. Some may but I promise you most don't. Most reps are disgruntled at Durata over the fact that we were scammed into leaving good jobs and coming here and signing a non-compete two weeks before the company sold. Most of us sell in the antibiotic space for a living and are now unable to go work for Medicines and Cubist. Most of us at Durata feel like we have gotten shit on! They were pursuing the sale as early as July according to the 8-K. Now its December and we still don't know if we are being retained. We don't have the severance in writing as promised. Basically the culture at Durata and transitioning into Actavis tells me they will treat the sales force like shit. They do not value you and will treat you with disregard. Its a bad management style and it destroys company culture. Not that there is a company culture left at Durata now. I would say remember this next time if JS or PE ask you to work for another company that they may be in a senior leadership role.

Before any dipshit says they plan on retaining people at Durata, they just let go half of the RBD's.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiter called me and another Forest colleague in a different geography and we were both quoted 150K. The fact of the matter is that most non-Actavis hospital reps make minimum of
    130k base. Cubist, Medicines Company, Theravance, Wyeth, Optimer, Durata pay/have paid their reps well.