The REALITY is this...

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU brought this on to yourself! Look in the mirror. That slightly pudgy face staring bac at ya? Yep that is the face of a loser with no ambition. IF you know damn well Novartis DOES NOT care about its people, and you choose you stay here "waiting for that 22K or 55K severance that is taxed at 45% whoopdie doo" then you are:

1. A gluton for punishment in which case you need psych help
    2. Have zero ambition in life and deserve what you get
    3. Just naive and stupid (by the way I will give you a pass if under 24 years old)

Novartis and most pharma companies will continue to layoff. The reason they will keep doing it is because you bring ZERO value to the table. I do not care if you are an MS, Onc, PC or Derm rep. You bring ZERO value. That is why most offices are closing to reps. Do not kid yourself into thinking you add value. You do not! The reason companies like Novartis refuse to flat out layoff everyone is due to the stock price being somewhat dictated by structure of company and Wall Street whimsical ideals. So they have to lay off little or, in NVS case, a LOT, and piece meal.

But believe me, the day WILL COME REAL SOON when you will be out facing the real world:

1. Inventiv, PDI etc
    2. Interview for a real sales job in medical device or diagnostics or capital equipment. Check out Medreps or boards similar. They mostly specify NO PHARMA REPS

Don't believe me on #2? Check it out for yourself. So take back your manhood, grow a pair and get out of NVS and find a real career!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Smarty pants- Blow Me!! I will suck every dime out of this gig and continue to build my second business. Of course pharma is a joke, but if one is smart enough it is a way to finance real business opportunities because it provides a steady verifiable income. Doctors are idiots and need help and if you think that medical products and capital equipment is that great..by all means knock yourself out- The feeling is mutual, I would not want to bust my nuts for a company that will just burn me out-They can have their "real " sales job- I will continue to deliver lunch...and go home at 2 to my real job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Reality is both the #1 post and #2 posts are so true. We stay here and hate our job. We stay here because it is easy money. The smart ones, as in post 2, stay here and have a side business. So we really don't care if we get laid off.

Whatever happens my toes are still tappin

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy is just another dick pharma kicked to the curb years ago. he comes back to this site to see what the cool kids are up to. But now he has a "real" job. He s glad he made it out. Blah blah blah. Well we all stay ed and made big bonuses. racked up nice stock options too.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You keep on believing that!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool kids? Big bonuses? Nice stock options? Can I have a crack at your pipe please? That's some goooood sht you smoking there.

Your Reality: your base is what? 110k maybe 120k if you are in MS or Onc? Your bonus is targeted at 30k max. Assuming you are MS or Onc. Even if you kill it year after year you are capped at 75k. So let's see 120k base plus 75k puts you at below 200k per year and I'm being very very generous and assuming you hit Presidents Club every single year which we all know you don't but okay.

True Sales Person Reality: My sister's fiancé is an Enterprise Acct Exec for Oracle. His stats are base of 125k, his W2 last year counting bonus was 670k approximately. I know because my sister and I are very close and she told me. I don't know what his stock options are but they have to be much better than NVS.

Quit kidding yourself champ. You are not in the top sales league. By the way if both you and my sister's fiancé get laid off who do you think is More Employable???

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is 100% accurate. Got out of Novartis (and pharma completely) during the last round of layoffs and am doing much better financially working a REAL sales job. Hate to break it to everyone that's been doing Pharma for the last 15+ years, but this isn't sales whatsoever. It's glorified catering. But hey, I get it, I did it. There's no easier paycheck if you can hang on long through the layoffs. Just know that they are better opportunities out there, even if you finally have to work for them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a selfish idiot not to know that 95% of the United States workforce makes below $80,000 per year per household! Anything over $120,000 is great pay for most people! These pharma jobs are worth holding on to for many reasons beyond the salary, especially if you have been here longer than the average of 2-4 years! Get over your jealous self, who cares what the next person is making if you are maximizing your own self worth! I love working for Novartis! LOVE NOVARTIS!!! All haters are most likely some unemployed pharma rep who was lazy and let go from this great paying job! LOVE NOVARTS!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an IDIOT! So your ideal in life is to only be 150 percent better than the average person out there? Why not 10x or 100x better? Don't have balls? By the way your star is true but if you look at cities like San Francisco, San Diego, NYC or Chicago then you will realize 120k per year is average at best! Is that what you wanna be in life? Average?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being a pharma rep is make believe. We bring no value to doctors and only annoy them. We all know it and Joe Jimenez knows it. That's why nobody hires us except other pharma companies. It's well known we don't do anything sales related. We have zero skills and it's brutal out there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How refreshing... Someone with self awareness.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$120k is not average income here in the US, the average is $60 - $80k per year! The above poster is not accurate saying $120k is average. Bring your head out of the clouds & be thankful if you do have a job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually in 2013 the US Dept of Numbers reported the average Household income was a little over $52,000...so we have made good jack! And if you feel you provide no value then you probably don't, however do not bring the rest of us into your low self esteem world!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The average dolt in US doesn't have a college degree. Ask yourself are you in top 1/2 of 1 percent? Let's use an analogy if you were a baseball player and the average player is at the level of an intramural college player (from little league to Major leagues) you would be a mediocre A league player at best. Not even AA

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You moron!!!! This is average income in US. But if you do a search for a place you'd actually want to live in - not Kansas or Louisiana or Maine - like San Diego or NYC then you'd see 120k is truly average. And if you look at the Weighted Average then you'd see that 120k is actually barely above. Do some research you dumb ass!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The median income across nyc is 45k. New york times. What do you have against Maine?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average annual household income in every county within my territory is less than half of my base pay. My base is about half of the total value of my employment package (bonus, 401K matching funds, insurances, company car, free meals, free travel, etc.). I have a Bachelor of Science degree from a mid-level university and make more than the average MBA does, and I didn't have to pay back a mountain of debt like they did. This job has given me lots of quality time with my family through the years and I've met more high caliber, quality people than I could even count. Is that really so bad?
    And throw away that bullshit about pharma sales not being a "real" sales job. It's a unique profession aligned to a unique industry and cannot be directly compared with "real sales jobs" like selling shoes, or latex gloves/toilet paper/soap, or Mary K. Cosmetics (sorry MKC, just making a point). Those recruiters who don't take people seriously because they spent years in pharma sales will miss out on some very intelligent, motivated, capable, and personable employees for their clients. It is a recruiter's responsibility to match the right person to the right job. Perhaps they themselves are not sufficiently motivated or capable to accomplish that, except for those candidates who fall neatly into their limited paradigm.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your point is so clueless on 3 points champ
    1. The average MBA offer from a top 10 school is 180k as if 2013 data. Look it up. An MBA from a top 5 program commands 200k or more. Most people at this level are sponsored or have fellowships. Do some research.
    2. Whether it's fair or not the FACT is you are unemployable. Check out MedReps they state no pharma reps!
    3. Why are you comparing selling shoes or Mary Kay? That is lowest of low. Like previous post said why not get a real sales job at MS or SAP or Oracle or GE making 300-700k per year?? Now that is serious dough

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, but they also work 70+ hours a week. Pharma pays very well for the flexibility it provides. However provides little challenge or job satisfaction.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ONLY 1% if the population makes up approximately 80% of the wealth, so whoever the "moron" is above touting MBA's @ 200k is the moron, the majority of people have no desire to take on the pitiful lives of the wealthy. Happy to make my $130k per year here @ Novartis. If you had the "balls" to state what you are stating in front of a group of healthcare workers, they would throw you off the top of the highest hospital building! And for a fact, I have had offers with other pharma & device companies this year! NETWORKING "moron"!