Zimmer's New Knee System...Persona

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so, you are ok with a design that removes 12mm psoteriorly and 10 mm distally just to market rom ? btw, the Australian registry has only 11 years of Nexgen, where did you get the 25 years from, Zimmer marketing ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never said I worked for Zimmer.......... never did........... don't want to

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the Zimmer marketing machine in overdrive. The whole depuy PFC can't have that clinical history because they've changed the design, however the Nexgen has over 10 years clinical, especially the flex, which doesn't have worse clinical than the original, no matter what the registries all say lol.

In Europe they've sold on the Zuk to Lima, an Italian company bringing out a new new ( and also being given the vanguard).
    Sure they will be saying what a poor design the Zuk is and how great the oxford is before you can blink!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably. We know ZUK's gone for sure, but oxford won't be their long term solution either. They'll move quickly on a Persona-like uni development project. But that's years away.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alright party people, when is the Persona uni going to be available? I've got three docs wanting to use it

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? You have Oxford and your waiting for a new platform and an untested implant? Why couldn't have depuy or Stryker bought us, I swear zimmer has/had the dumbest reps in the industry.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's really funny is that his docs are willing to use something just because there is a Z on it. No design, instruments, or data, and you have 3 guys wanting it? Why not look at some other unis if you don't drink the Oxford kool aid? That thing from Cayenne is a joke, so I guess they are willing to try anything else. That just goes to show you don't have to sell anything, just be there and the biz will come. Easiest sales job in the marketplace. Try actually learning something and having a scientific discussion instead of just kissing ass.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm, So Jerry Eng is a joke? You are a moron...

9. Forecast

Forecast new user

Available where? Isn't it still under a recall? All lots/all sizes?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a joke...just a whore

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are all persona total knee users and former ZUK users. They don't like the oxford, have been using stryker uni and are unhappy. You may ask why aren't they using ZUK...Smith and Nephew reps don't want to service it. We were asked to cover ZUK cases until well past the transaction date, all at the same time we were supposed to pick up Oxford overnight

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're pretty slow aren't you?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you are...everyone must plan that all items from ZB are subject to immediate recall, even the ones that aren't out yet. He's just prepping for the near future.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

---So doc what do you think of the persona system?

-It's great, can you get me enough sets of instruments and implants for four knees next Tuesday?

---Probably not, ZB doesn't make enough inventory. What size poly did you want to use today?

-lets do an 18, open it up.

---Um, corporate took back all our 18s and 20s. The biggest we have is 16

-why on Earth would ZB do this when every other company covers the needs for total knees?

---You're telling me.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and still continue to manufacture NexGen primary and revision components

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a serious issue especially in the rural areas where there is no backup or access to the office. This is just being swept under the rug.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is why you shouldn’t have some extremities know nothing running ZB knees. I’m looking at you, Steve Vankoski. Growing extremities market share on a base of 0% doesn’t mean you know anything. The guy will run ZB knees straight into the ground.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless your in a hospital right next to a warehouse you will be screwed by not having an implant you need for a case within 8 months. It’s been happening and is coming to you shortly. Good luck

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Decisions were made, processes changed and production stopped. Terrible Situation and only the field will pay the price. Cases will be missed and business will be lost. Time will tell if it was a smart business decision.