Age discrimination at BMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Age discrimination you kidding me, how about race? Everybody is white here!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

¿Qué pasa?

Lo mismo

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. If these posters were smart, they would be milking this gig instead of trying to file a lawsuit or keep records. When I get canned, I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I did the minimal amount of work and got the maximum amount of pay. To hell with the victim mentality. Victims don't succeed, victors do. Stop being weak old crybabies. I laugh at people my age still kissing up to people who think they are worth less than dog poop. I got off of that track a decade ago and started milking this little "career" like a fat cow.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently the elderly reps forgot this thread is dead.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's dead, then why did you visit and post to keep it alive?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha. Excellent! My only question is....What took you so long!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Discrimination runs rampant at BMS, in EVERY division. Look at what happened in Virology.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And not just age discrimination. At every level.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many non-whites and over 60 people do you work with personally?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sólo cuatro

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was still living the lie that merit and maturity were valued. I knew the writing was on the wall when my managers kept getting younger and younger. Sure, they were ambitious and relatively smart. But their inexperience and inability to think outside of what they were told by their managers is what told me that it was easier to say yes and then do what I wanted. All of my peers started complaining about new mandates and crying about things being unfair. Well, life ain't fair. You get ahead in life by gaining an unfair advantage.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened there?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about over 45-50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about answering the question.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sólo cuatro, estúpido

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good!! I don't want your f_cking Obama dollars. Get your a_s and the fat a_sses of your entire generation out of my way so I can earn as much as I can while I am still legally allowed to do so. Who the f_ck paid your way so far? It wasn't my parent's generation. It was boomers like me. While we were paying for your bike helmets and bubble wrap we were also paying the retirement benefits of our parent's generation, putting away for our own retirement, and paying off our own student loans. You are a whiny ingrate and reflect what is wrong with your entire generation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My smart young manager knows little except what they are told to know.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great point. Does the federal or even state governments look at INCOMING as much as OUTGOING?

One reason they probably do not is, it's too easy to make things look proper, meet low legal thresholds. But the intent, the intent is a major bias that is discriminatory at it's core against age, color, orientation, etc.

For example, regarding age, certain qualifications and skills that only time and experience can develop (much of which can not be experienced in today's medical settings) are significantly undervalued. The 'LEADERSHIP' of today doesn't even know what to ask for or look for because THEY lack that experience to draw from in the workplace. It's simply, unfortunately undervalued in creating genuinely, diverse teams.