Why Salix???

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming. Shire buys you for 6 months you become a Shire employee who then gets cut outside that package.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the agreement covers is for a year so if Shire were to let us go at 6 months, we are covered. Frankly I hope they get rid of us. I'll take the package and move on. The money is much better if we get cut and paid out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of our salesforce is bitter and trying to get out because our current CEO only cares about himself. We realized how we would have been screwed with the Allergan buyout and now he is bringing in all of his old B&L cronies for Senior Leadership positions . (Take leadership lightly)
    As you imagine , there is a bit of resentment that another company may treat their reps like we were accustomed to here for many years, but those years are over- in many ways.

But, hey- we do get gifts every night and free time at launch meetings...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of our salesforce is bitter and trying to get out because our current CEO only cares about himself. We realized how we would have been screwed with the Allergan buyout and now he is bringing in all of his old B&L cronies for Senior Leadership positions . (Take leadership lightly)
    As you imagine , there is a bit of resentment that another company may treat their reps like we were accustomed to here for many years, but those years are over- in many ways.

But, hey- we do get gifts every night and free time at launch meetings...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix employee here...actually its not iron clad. And it was actually involved in the discussions this weekend. Looks like all deals are off until after IBS indication (potentially) in May. Negotiations have ended with all companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even close. 1st you post on Salix's board that mgmnt is looking to have the acquirer keep employees on 3 years, which is @ least 3xs as expensive as a severance package. 2nd of all if Salix is acquired the severance gets written off as a one time charge to transaction costs, and would never be a point of negotiation for an acquisition over $1b (I worked in tech m&a for 3 years). Finally just as what happened with allergan being approached by Valeant and subsequently sold to Actavis (highest bidder), if the largest shareholders want a sale a sale will get done with or without IBS.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree! The poster is spreading garbage on multiple boards. They have no clue.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hearing that this deal is dead- we are looking at a few smaller purchases. Anyone else hearing this??