Shire to Acquire NPS Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being in Boston doesn't make you a biotech, any more than being at Fenway makes you a baseball player. I agree with the post that the company needs product so NPS is good for us. There must be orphan CNS programs out there for the BU- in the meantime I am happy to have a job.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are WAY many more bio-tech start ups in the Boston/Cambridge area than there are in King of Prussia area of PA. A much larger talent pool to draw from. The main-line was a good place for the old NJ based chem/pharma companies of 30 years ago. With genetics being at the forefront, Boston, San Diego and San Francisco have become the talent hubs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what it's all about. Stock rises, execs get big bonuses. It's all smoke and mirrors for all involved.....especially us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprised no one tried answering this one. I think it is the former, but both are a possibility. They loose $15B off a future sale total with the new inversion rules in place.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch the face, acquisitions are profitable and can lead to bigger things...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, looks like might buy soon, huge upside potential