Account Manager position

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much salary, bonus, car?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Low 80's base, bonus $20-$30,000 per year if you do well, Ford Fusion

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have any kind of a decent offer elsewhere I would take that. This company is not in a great place right now, unfortunately.

And I believe new hires come in lower than that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here a few years, non- dental background. 80k, with my annual bonus range of 19-26k. Came from pharma, and overall its a breath of fresh air compared to primary care.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your response.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect low 70's bonus can be a challenge

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy hell. Do not come here! Major f'd up company with a piece of sh*t asshole running it into the dirt.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like how?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Arestin inventory for one as the old equipment continues to fail. The guy who runs that department is an old legacy (arrogant SOB) Orapharma guy. The whole group thinks he is washed up but doesn't have the stones to tell him.

EZ White, ugh, that stuff blows.

Healos, another wonderful product that blows.

The Director of Finance for the dentistry unit apparently has ties to Tyco back in the day....go figure.......

Corporate Finance department is a shambles and AP is an absolute mess.

Good luck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad, but true. No need to attack anyone personally but this is a terrible work environment. Impossible to make goal, distribution/coverage/ process issues with every aspect of business. Becoming an environment of threats and fear instead of development and success. As you can see the majority of the posts have valid points and site facts, not emotional responses. Take those to heart when making a decision to come here or not.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me see if I understand the vibe here - salary in the 70s-80s, car, benefits, bonus could be another 15-25k depending on how good you are.

What the hell is wrong with that? I'd give my right arm to be in the dental area. Primary care is a hell hole, and your competing against 25 other reps in every 'top doc' office. How many times are you running into other reps? None...you people can bitch all you want, but you have no idea how good you have it.

If you're posting for a job, put your best foot forward, and knock it out of the park.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newbies = low to mid $60's. The hiring manager will likely low ball you.
    Bonus is unattainable so get that out of your calculation.
    Car is a Ford Fusion or Escape.

This is better than pharma but do not come here to coast like you do at pharma. The National Sales Manager cuts deals to save his own ass. Most of the Management team hate him but none of them have the balls to challenge him.

Everybody in the field is responsible for the effect that his bad business decisions have on territory sales results. Some have already been fired because of his decision making.

He likes people to kiss his ass and has a few managers that do it all the time.

This is not the place to come if you want to advance your career. There's no growth. The products suck. The Managers have no ambition to move up and most of them have no experience selling in the new Orapharma arena that is driven by managed care.

If you really want to get in here, just wait. Most of us will either leave of be fired by December. Then you can come in and post this very same thing in a year or two.

Good luck!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of bad blood here. Wow! I don't agree with all the reputation tarnishing about individuals but this post hits the nail on the head.