Death in BED Vyvanse study WHAT?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2015 at 6:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes patient on Meth but surely they were not when enrolled. So did Vyvanse cause them to seek a high and then overdose. You don't get enrolled in a study if your addicted or using or have a history of Meth use. We are a one trick show and this could blow up!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the math, overweight=potential health issues..all stimulants have a risk- even more escalated those that may not be in the best physical condition. Besides- if you think BED is going to be an easy sell or the savior, you have another thing coming.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly why you can't replace an addiction with an addiction. Many who having an eating disorder should not be given a scheduled drug without addressing the underlined condition.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do the math. A Food addiction = addiction to a substance. Would you advise your physicians to write a stimulant for a person who had a history of any type of substance addiction? They would be better off trying to get the indication for the secondary end points of the study.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The main point is you put a patient who passed extensive screening onto amphetamine they then OVERDOSE on METH and die. No big deal, nothing to see here, things happen! Hey FDA no problem it's only death and death is acute non-chronic event.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vyvanse one of the most potent stimulants on the planet, surprised. The company hides reality. RD working with me and doc informs me that 13 yr boy is experiencing Tachycardia during summer baseball practice. I get into my fusion with RD, I start to report the incident and he rips me a new asshole. He said info is in the PI and I should not of even thought of reporting, and should know my role as a tenured rep. He is wrong, but I need the job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That doesn't even make sense. Why would he care if you reported it? I've already known I'm lucky to have a great RD but to know there are people in this company that unethical is scary. He has nothing to lose by you doing the right thing. That's really messed up

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vyvanse is nothing in potency compared to Adderall or AXR.
    You should also report any time that you hear loss of appetite, irritability, insomnia, and dry mouth to name a few- just ask compliance. I am sure that they would be very interested to hear the response from your RD...