Why Salix???

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do we have any interest in this one trick pony???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know much about Xifaxan do you??
    THAT would be fun to sell... And unlimited potential for future indications.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uceris, Xifaxan

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Decent product horrible people....I doubt we end up with them cause we won't overpay.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xifaxan is a monster. Potential $2 billion drug (almost $1 now) and patent protections into the 2020's.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Extremely high debt, volatile earnings, high inventory, CEO and CFO let go for misleading investors, return of equity low, stock price way overpriced over $100 a share....

no thanks....

Salix was a good buy at around $75 a share- now it has run up over speculation of a buyout. I think we would be overpaying big time if we end up getting them. I thought we overpaid for NPS- this would be ridiculous.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should do a little bit more research - you don't get something for nothing...
    But, your opinion doesn't really matter does it???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix rep here. We are all waiting on the news. Seems like it could be any day now for a deal to be struck, but we are not going to be sold without a fight, as various companies, including Shire, express interest and enter the bidding war. Valeant wants us bad after losing out to Actavis last year on the Allergan deal. Of course, we Salix people ponder our futures. If let go in the acquisition, we walk with generous severance packages. That's some consolation anyway. If retained, we adapt to a new company culture. And, yes, Xifaxan is a great product with even more potential (IBS-D indication is coming). UCERIS is going strong, as well. And Salix has a host of smaller products, as well. Salix is, in the end, a good investment.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another Salix Rep here telling you to shut the f up.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least one bullish analyst disagrees:

As chatter about a sale of Salix Pharmaceuticals pushes up its stock price once again, one heretofore bullish analyst cut her rating on the drug maker’s tumultuous stock.
    Sterne Agee analyst Shibani Malhotra changed her rating from buy to neutral saying that at its stock, trading Friday at $151.41, is fairly valued based on fundamentals. Ms. Malhotra has had a 12-month fundamental price target of $145, which she has kept in place

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should make certain your severance package transfers over upon acquisition. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Effective if terminated upon acquisition

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For how long after the acquisition? 6 months.....we'll wait and then fire you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a year.. thanks loser!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I only mention this because I know of company A that had a change of control provision in its severance policy. This provision was very generous and made company A's employees feel comfortable that if another company were to acquire them, they would be well taken care of in the event they were cut loose. Enter company B which bought company A. Company A subsequently informed its employees that they were now subject to company Bs severance policy, which was much less lucrative.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's "we" white man? You're lugging lunch and dropping samples. You won't be firing anyone. Too far down the food chain.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salix protection agreement is written and countersigned by our CEO. Hard copy. Iron clad. Shire buys us, we essentially become a creditor they need to pay before they can assume control. It's not a policy, it's a contract.

Personally, I think Shire is a great company. I would be happy if Shire retained us but if they don't I'll be OK.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Signed and set up by your CEO huh? The one that retired in shame from misrepresenting SEC documents? I'd feel real comfortable banking on what she's done for you. Just sayin!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. The same CEO who took us from nothing to a market cap of nearly $11B. You do realize that the numbers were adjusted less than 20 million dollars following the wholesale supply audit right? No wrongdoing found and the stock rebounded right back in less than three months. Our agreements are bound between the employee, the company and the BOD. Not the employee and the CEO. I'm not worried at all. Salix has been very good to those of us here for more than 5 years.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because it is a proven fact that Shire does not take care of their employees during change of control or displacement -( Unless you were one of the chosen 5) doesn't mean that other companies like Salix don't. It's just a matter of spending a little time to modify a contract/ and caring what happens to your peons once you collect your Billions... The expense is picked up by the buying company and likely calculated into the sale. This is a protection that most companies don't care about. I was shown the agreement by a friend that asked me about it - it looks as about as iron clad as it gets , and offers several options considering the stock that they are awarded yearly. (Not just the top 5%). Needless to say, it's still no fun to be in a state of uncertainty.