change of control policy

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 27, 2015 at 12:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone find it suspect that we get an email today that wise leaders of Shire are looking closely at and making changes to the change in control policy.
    A sale must be in the near horizon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter what it is, its only a policy. Remember last go around they negotiated away the change of control clause in favor of the 30 parachuttes our "leaders" lined up for themselves. Whatever it ends up being doesn't matter. Its a throw away for negotiations and only gives you false hope to keep working.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For some reason I can't get the theme sound track from The movie Jaws out of my head!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope this is just a result of what Flemming promised us he would look into to at the beginning of the year! He said that they "heard us loud and clear" when we said we were unhappy with the loss of out Shire protection policies. When the Abbvie buyout was coming, I was ready to go, but now I actually want to stay here and make some launch money on BED. Hopefully nothing happens until Q'4 or next year!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO. Keep dreaming. FO will sell you out faster than old lawn mower at a garage sale.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love when leadership posts on these boards. It's always so easy to read through the BS. Thanks for giving us a heads up that you won't sell us off until Q4 or next year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last company I worked for made changes to the "change in control" policy right before they sold. They beefed up the sales force and hired contract reps too.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish this was about protecting all the employees, but most likely it is about protecting only a few. Shire is trying to sell itself and fast.
    They are trying to paint the picture of a robust NS sales force. The current rushed expansion, use of contract reps, desperation to fill openings; combined with retention bonus spells............S-A-L-E
    I hope I am wrong.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are right

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A policy is not a contract or a guarantee. We had a policy before the the Abbvie fiasco and they blew it off. They need to keep us selling to get us sold so the dirty 30 can be "retained" again.