Discrimination in interviewing at DSI?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, May 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they discriminated against me in hiring because of my age and looks. I have had two president clubs in the last four years one in medical device and the other in pharmaceutical last year. A veteran as well with an awesome military background. I called on the same doctor base as the terriory required. I did not even get a call back - manager is a new manager- corporate sales trainer - ex high school coach with a hairclub for men glue-on with different colors.

I will tell anyone I can and every doctor to not use their products!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, you're awful quick at coming to a definite conclusion with very little evidence. I know this company hires all types, because I'm a recent hire and my training class was filled with just-graduated college students to a 64-year-old pharma veteran rep. In fact, most of the class seemed to be middle-aged types from all backgrounds. Maybe the hiring manager didn't connect with you or perhaps you had a bad interview (it happens). But if your reaction is now to go on a vendetta against the company, it's enough proof for me that the hiring DM made the right decision. Think on it...and thank you for your service.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With your background (prob. BS), you should not waste your time with this company or any pharmaceutical company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think one manager there touched me in an interview in a sexual manner but hey I need a job. I will show a little leg and ass to get a job.

Oh - I got a second interview - sucks to be you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I should not get so mad - I had a great conversation on the phone and I could tell when I walked in the room that he wrote me off before I even spoke.

To judge someone by appearance is discrimination. I see it all the time with Pharmaceutical companies but you are right - some ex high school coach a manager is a joke and I should have gotten up to run.

I bet he quotes all the sports legends like it relates to sales for motivation like sales is a game. Sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've now mentioned your appearance a couple times. Is there something unique about the way you look (burn victim, scars, etc.)?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the SE? Issues there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, keep in mind that if you weren't right for the DM, he most likely wasn't right for you. Just channel your disappointment to ace your next interview. Best of luck!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR and sales recruiting at DSI is a joke!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! Why would you want to even work for someone who acts like they don't like you and there is no "chemistry' so to speak. In this job a manager can make or break you often irregardless of your talent and actions so take it as a blessing and keep it moving!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can't be based on looks or personality, look at S.P. in HR

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ENOUGH already with the "S.P." references in every post!!! Damn.... get a life - nobody knows (except for you) who the hell S.P. is - your obsesssion with him/her is getting old.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SP is well known in HR. Maybe your the resident LC basher & hate the focus taken off your rants

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First I will tell you that they absolutely do discriminate. I have over 10 years experience and even had a referral and I did not get so much as a phone call from the DM. I discovered later that the DM was told not to hire tenured reps. That's right!

As for your last statement threatening to tell doctors not to use DS products, that tells me a lot about your maturity level. THAT may be why you did not get a call back. I would never ever even suggest something like that to a physician. It is about the patients and what is best for them - not your revenge.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As for your last statement threatening to tell doctors not to use DS products, that tells me a lot about your maturity level. THAT may be why you did not get a call back. I would never ever even suggest something like that to a physician. It is about the patients and what is best for them - not your revenge.

They won't have to.. The FDA will!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. A lot of it has to do with DSI not wanted to pay for experience to keep salaries low and often the lack of tenure/experience of the manager. As far as telling Dr's not to use DSI products that just makes you look immature and stupid..it's about the patients regardless of how you feel about DSI

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my 40s - no scars or burns. I have interviewed several times recently - I have seen the same behavior from every company. Love your resume and on the phone. In person answer the same questions.

I know they all say the same thing - we are going in a different direction. That is a code for too old.