1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

Top Specialty Pharmacy Providers

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been looking into Specialty Pharmacy and think I have a pretty good handle on who the specialty pharmacy players are, but would like some feedback. Who are the top 5 Specialty Pharmacies?

2. Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones Guest

Cvs Caremark is among the largest...however they are too inept to compete with any small to mid level players. Look at the more nimble smaller companies who do not retain incapable management structures. VP of Specialty Sales @ Caremark narcassistic and rude.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay sucks as well at Caremark. Run the place like a sweatshop...no chance of ever sniffing a bonus while flogging you all the way home. Docs have no respect for the Caremark brand and the operational service provided adds validity to their argument. Only chance of selling the service is pullthrough of exclusive contracts. No $ in that!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ITSRX

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been seeing a lot of change (for the worse) at CareMark. Bioscrip is going down the tubes quick, and everyone they did have that was quality is jumping ship.

Diplomat is the one to look out for. Great Central philosphy and programs, just crappy reps. Walgreens has started to get their stuff together, very strong in certain markets with in-town pharmacies. However, their central fill is a joke.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ITSRX

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how you keep putting ISRX when there is a thread a few down talking about how terrible they are. Never heard of ISRX, they're definitily not a player in my geography; must be a regional player. In my experience they can wine, dine, and 69 to get the business, but that is usually short lived. Definitely wouldn't categorize them as a top 5 industry wide.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is such a funny remark because I would say just about the exact opposite. I worked in specialty pharma for over a decade and my bonus now at CVS Caremark is much more consistent than it ever was in pharma. The bottom line is a good rep at CVS Caremark can see direct results from their efforts which results in good bonus payouts. Some people just don't want that kind of responsibility and thats cool, keep your pharma jobs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad offices hate Caremark. If you are getting any business it is by default because of managed care in your area. Offices hate the poor service, period.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually not....compensation based on growth of OPEN business only. It is easy to bash Caremark but Caremark still has the biggest share of OPEN business out of all the SP's. It is easy to take shots at the big dog.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#1 Hands down CVS / Care Plus Specialty Pharmacy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah until your ten year agreement runs out in 2014 with CVS not to touch "CarePlus"s business model, and they shut you all down and move your business to their Central model. Don't you find it weird they are forcing you to transfer CareMark PBM prescriptions to their central model already?

By far the best model is what Walgreens is doing placing their Specialty Pharmacies in Hospital systems in strategic areas around the US.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no leader of all specialty pharmacy. You have to pick based on the specialty.

PAH and Hemophelia - Accredo
    Hep C - Curascript
    Fertility - Freedom Pharmacy
    Other specialties may go to Caremark

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

** Should have said Caremark/Walgreens for others **

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that is what you are waiting for you may be waiting a really long time. You might want to get up to date with what you think is their strategy

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone thinks they are an authority on Caremark. It wouldn't be a bad place to work if it weren't for RT. This guy may possibly be the biggest narcissistic asshole I've ever come across. Not to mention DH. If I hear one more sports analogy I'm going to scream. This guy is so full of himself.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offices hate Caremark. Period. I don't give a fuck about your talk of open business, that doesn't mean shit. Business they get is by default thanks to Caremark's managed care landscape. When a better choice with good customer care and equal managed care comes along, offices leave Caremark. Thanks for playing, moron.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS. Walgreens is stepping it up strategically which will serve them well. As long as they don't hire any more lameass reps who ruin the brand image with customers, they will be fine.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This whole discussion is worthless. As all of you know by now that with the merger of Express-scripts and Medco comes the merger of Curascript and Accredo. Curascript will own 70% of the specialty market once this is approved. All other SP's will no longer be worth the time.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Too funny, I've seen a few myself. What territory you talking about? I'm wondering if it's the same person.