Unprofessional!

Discussion in 'Ferndale Labs' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is completely unprofessional. I was interviewing recently for a flex-time position and the manager invited me back to a second interview. Before the second interview he asked me to go into derm offices and "ask them what they think of Ferndale Labs". A professional company would never ask outside people to do this as part of an interview process. Asking people to annoy your customers with stupid questions "to see what happens" is just plain rude!

Before you start slamming me with comments that I cannot cut it, I have nearly 15 years of sales experience with most of it in pharma. I have done direct selling, B2B, you name it. I am not afraid to talk to doctors I just find this request very unprofessional and the reason why pharmaceutical companies are hated by physicians.

My 2cents.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh great! Just what we need. Another washed up old wrinkly nagbot interviewing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview coming up in the Nashville market...shall I expect the same? Please say no!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why I left company. They are very unprofessional & illegal! Made up promote LMX (OTC) and lie about expenses and doctor gifts. I am so glad I was able to find another company. My manager was an idiot, training terrible, in-house marketing team horrible, and out products useless.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last week I went to two different derm offices who have a new policy that restricts representatives from making visits when they are with their sales managers. Has anyone else experienced this policy?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where are you located?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Florida

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP - I too was asked to do the same thing. I also have plenty of experience in pharma as well as B2B. I felt it was unprofessional as well - but I called several offices b/c I really wanted flex-time. I also visited several pharmacies - the RPh's never even heard of the products b/c they automatically substitute with generics. The DM who made such a big deal about doing it really didn't say much about the fact that I did. I felt like the guy asked me to do it just to see how far he could push the limits - even with interviewing. I was passed for the position for someone else with Derm experience.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't tell me let me guess, was it the NE Manager? I had the oppotunity to work for this guy and passed over it because I heard he was a complete asshole. He has the personality of a dead fish and apparently was promoted only after someone smoked a crack pipe and hired him.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha. The NE manager has NO personality. His name is Steve. He is so rude and obnoxious! Our team cant stand him!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steve is no better than our Judy in the West. Where do they find these managers?! I am new to Ferndale (as is everyone in the West!) and Judy is unbelievable.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having an prospect seek opinion of the office of a client is the dumbest technique I have ever heard. Run from the manager who put you up to this, obviously he/she is an idiot, and why would you want to be connected with them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left in 2008. I see things haven't improved. Is Holm still in charge? Are Cherie and Rebecca still pretending to be trainers? Is Dubby sober yet?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holm in charge, Cherie trainer, Dubby hammered.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't anyone notice that this ship has hit an iceberg?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody else hear a rumor about another layoff, including sales force cut by the end of the year?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a rumor, I hope

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this company still around? I haven't seen a rep in years. I cover Columbus.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard of any such rumor. Quite the opposite in fact.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The attached video explains the Ferndale Management style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVLAvix-dX0&feature=youtube_gdata_player