Pfizer IS Mgmt loses US Wound Firm buyout - layoffs in 1 year

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This makes sense. But it means we have two years to enter a marketing agreement or buy a company. That's longer than I thought. End of 2013 maybe they cut another 30% (guess), but if I make it thru and we get another product, then maybe the job will last for some of us....
    I hope so.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right. Stetzmiller sold that Brooklyn Bridge to no where too. Get real.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened with this?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think you can't make any claims about wound care try pharmaceuticals. The dose is..One reason why drugs not moving, we can't sell them anymore.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Healthpoint Biotherapeutics was acquired by Smith & Nephew, a large wound care/medical device company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys know nothing. Decisions like this are made at the ELT level. Sure, the VPs bring their proposals so that they can hit their BD milepost for incentive purposes, but Ian and Frank are making 100% of the calls.

And they see nothing as valuable as using our cash to buy back stock. If they see a deal that beats that return, they will approve it and the VPs will claim they pulled a monkey out of a hat, but don't hold your breath.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold or sell the stock?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

from an investor's standpoint, there is still a lot of fat to be cut to drive the price over the next 24 months so I'd say hold for a bit - ELT targets they can get to 38-40 before collapse