Do Doctors see reps anymore???

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are there still so many reps and managers?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure docs still see Reps. Just a lot fewer Docs than before. And those that will see you won't have a meaningful product conversation every two weeks.

Now we feed offices of 40 people more than half the docs hate Pharma (but still eat our food). The few that do see us want to talk sports or personal stuff most of the time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes....they see them right to the door

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors 'see' reps all the time...unfortunately, docs Don't See much value in interacting with reps other than to kill some time (do they really need to hear for the umpteenth time that your drug is on such such formulary or you left valuable coupons, or gee we've got lunch from Chili's waiting for them)...sorry to be a downer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When was the last time you saw a travel agent? It's been years, right? Same thing for doctors seeing reps. In the era of the internet who needs either?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc here. What is a rep?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's the dude in the suit staring through the window at you when you are signing that tablet.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Charles Charles.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY!

These "jobs" are coming to an end.

They have been experiencing a LONG and LINGERING death!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IN NEW ENGLAND THE ANSWER HAS BEEN NO FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even way out in the country (offices with the cotton/tobacco/soybeans growing next to parking lot) it is tough... back when the good ol'doc who'd been practicing for 50 years was around you got to see'em and felt good, now offices bought up by the big 'rural' health clinic in 4 county area and yep it's wave at'em thru the window....at least their are plenty of fishing and hunting magazines in waiting room

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is really not the reps.

It's the management. Management protects, shelters and insulates its managers.

The divide between rep and manager is growing. How many managers still manage like its 1998 and not 2013. Even young managers forget the field and manage reps like its the old days.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a pretend job: pretend this and pretend that but it does pay well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We pretend to make calls. DM's pretend to 'ride along' with us..reps / DMs make nice reports to send to Regionals....it just gets pushed up the chain...see everybody's on an oar rowing hard!..nobody wants to admit the boat we're on is just going in circles.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even considering the number of cuts to sales over the past few years, I am blown away by the number of reps that remain in this industry.
    One of the poorest ROI's that a company deals with. Why are they still dealing with it??

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors see reps today out of courtesy and perhaps new information on your product or for a new product launch. Time is money and choosing between making money seeing patients the choice is pretty clear. Too many reps today have little or no appreciation for this fact. There simply is no need for a rep to be seen every two weeks. What for? I'm sorry, but if you just need a signature, that's not the docs fault. He has more important things to do. As far as samples, why would u hassle with them today. Today there are too many patients who expect the office to keep them supplied instead of going to the pharmacy. This is an easy habit for patients to get use to. It might keep a patient coming back to the office, but I'd take my chances on providing quality healthcare versus filling that patients prescriptions. Too many patients can afford to buy their drugs but instead take the easy way out and try to get them free. Think about what goes on when you provide samples to a family. Lots of paperwork, nurses time, and providing space for samples. Unless you truly bring value to an office, why should time be taken with you. I came to realize this years ago and have a new perspective on the reps role in the office. Since retiring, I've sat in offices where reps come in without them knowing that I was a former rep. It's amazing how the professionalism has dropped. I've seen reps demand that the doctor see them, or check to see if samples are needed. Why, because of that god awful requirement of so many signatures per day. What does this accomplish. You can do this with a ups delivery guy. I've come to the opinion that if I were a physician today, I'd see very few representatives in my office. Just looking from the inside out. Sorry if it hurts.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your post is spot on !!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also retired from the industry and agree with your post... Particularly your remarks about the level of professionalism today. Could it get any cheesier?

I "get" the fact that this is a good paying gig for young people, but what was once a career that what "well thought of", has really become the laughing stock of the healthcare industry.
    If you're a rep...just know that people recognize that your job has become an embarrassment.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll pile on the pity party, but yes this once was a top flight sales job to have...You were the Man (and only one) in the territory...you had a 6 week rotation and docs thought that was too much then (we're talking 25 years ago)...