Orapharma Managers need training

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many of these people who are tasked with training Reps have no experience. Many of these posts about the inexperience of the management team are accurate. How can they train reps on pharm sales to drive rx if they have no experience in that industry?

Additionally, it would be wise for MC and SS to interview each RM for the RM role. I'll bet half wouldn't make the cut. I would even challenge the ambition of any Orapharma Manager who has been there longer than 5 years. Grow a sack and try to make more of your trumped up management skills and move on. You all know that Oph is dying a slow death but you tenured Managers sit on cruise control and watch your reps take the heat for your bosses screw-ups.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is always the manager's fault. On my car ride home last night I bumped a pedestrian. I guarantee this wouldn't have happened if my manager didn't send me a text at that exact moment. They wanted to know about my day. Thank you manager. You have made my zero sales day even worse.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously you blame a manager for your poor driving habits? It is illegal in many states to read or send a text while driving. Shame on you for being a bad driver. I guess you did not kill the pediastrian or I would have heard about it.

Quit complaining and get to work. I am sure you have a real tough job making 3 sales calls/day. BTW, your relationships aren't as strong as you think and you definitely are replaceable. Good day.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol... as are you, idiot!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never heard of a rep blaming manager for communication. Classic.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RM in San Diego just quit yesterday if any of you want his job

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bull****! liar!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was public knowledge as of Friday...not trying to stir up shit, just letting you people know in case you want to go for his job

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to move up in this company! Too bad being a tenured OP AM with a good work ethic and a proven sales record don't mean anything in this company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B I N G O! ! !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about this statement for a moment. So, a 'tenured' Ora AM self-glosses about a good work ethic and a proven sales record.

Without asking, I'm going to take a leap and assume that the proven sales record involves 1 product, right? You blow out your numbers with 1 product, yet you struggle to sell multiple products, much less a single pen.

Thank you for your prior sales success; it is now 2014, we have multiple products to sell, and you are struggling with that. If you can't show the ability to sell multiple products effectively, you will be gone soon. Is this a shortsighted view by management? Hardly. Welcome to Valeant - sell your ass off, or be gone quickly.

NEXT!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same to you "Manager" ha ha ha ha

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you should have asked instead of making assumptions. I have struggled a little with EZ White and am currently only 65% to goal for Q3, but I have 3 weeks to go. I have met and even exceeded goal on Arestin, Onset and Xerese so far. I work my ass off, but the point u was trying to make was: Even with all that, if my RM left today, OP would hire from outside the company versus move someone up from the inside.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have a well documented history of doing this. Worse is the case in some regions like my own where the current manager isn't as good as half of the reps but he's a coggin puppet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would pay an excessive amount of money if someone made a Coggin puppet and brought it to the next National meeting. The only meeting at this organization where I get re-training or sometimes my only training for a product (and they wonder why AM's struggle with new products)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 managers have been promoted inside orapharma in the last 3 years. 3 have been hired from outside. The argument above doesn't make any sense.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where can the managers go? Are they able to advance? How many of these managers have been managers for 5 plus years? There's nowhere for them to go. Which means, there's nowhere for us to go. Maybe the good ones advance to Senior RM then Executive RM but there's a few that are STILL base level RM's after a years of service. Are they any good? Why aren't they replaced by better people? Well, Matt? Why do the vanilla RM's who can't sell, motivate, lead, or make Senior RM after 4-5-6 years get to stay?