Why did Dev leave Novartis in Shreveport, as an area manager? And Pfizer as a DM?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also worked for Dev, but not in his final assignment in Shreveport. He relocated there during Pfizer's "rightsizing" a few years back. While I did feel that he was somewhat eccentric I was able to deal with his personality & we got along, however it did seem that he was much tougher on the female reps that reported to him & in fact one even filed an harassment complaint (not sexual) to the regional office. It was kind of funny to watch him at state wide sales meetings as he always seemed to be the person on the outside looking in. He never seemed to fit in with the other black managers or reps whereas the white & hispanic managers/reps couldn't really figure him out either. Considering that many have bad mouthed Dev here, I have actually had a couple of managers over the years who were worse. Very much control freaks & if you weren't bleeding Pfizer blue & doing it the "Pfizer Way" you would catch hell, even if your numbers were good, so if everyone thinks that Dev is the only unusual manager who is or was at Pfizer, you are mistaken.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm also a female that worked for him. I, too, filed a complaint with the HR department for harassment, but not sexual. He was definitely harder on females. Whatever issues he has with women or otherwise, he shouldn't be in a position of power.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you ever mention a person's full name on this site? Especially around a question such as this. How would you like someone mentioning you by name and then opening up to let anyone take a shot at you on a forum such as this? Not a smart thing to do...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not only not smart....chicken-sh*t cowards.

I don't know Dev but REALLY? If you post anonymously the hate i've read on here about many different people, you WILL be judged. Have some balls at least and identify yourself if what you say is true. otherwise it's a bunch of losers that got what they deserved and are trying to find ways to impotently lash out.

Go walk into oncoming traffic and do society a favor if you feel the need to spread anonymous filth about anyone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't speak for the others, but what I am saying is not filth, it's the truth. Several doctors would not allow him into their office because they disliked him. That's a fact. That's bad for any company he is representing. He had a bad reputation amongst docs, not just reps. I have many, many other stories about Dev, that aren't rumors or filth, but facts. I'm actually doing him a favor but not posting everything I know. And as far as speculation, I could speculate about a lot of other things he did that was shady or wrong, but that's just speculation and I won't do that. I will only tell the facts. But as far as my commentary, I am done. There is enough consensus among my peers that Dev is not a good manger and shouldn't be one. If that hurts his little feelings, oh well. He never once stopped to thing of anyone else, but himself so I don't feel bad about it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also knew Dev when was at Pfizer & while many of these posts are pretty derogatory towards him some are fair balance. Dev's personality was very unusual & many times it came across in his management style & many under him could not deal with it without feeling offended & insulted. What they didn't realize is that this was just his personality and he treated everyone this way & some could not deal with it as well as others. There were probably some of his reps that needed some coaching in their sales skills, it's just that Dev didn't really know how to tactfully train them without coming across as the heavy. Don't know what kind of rep he was when he first came to Pfizer, but assume he must have had some success or he wouldn't have been considered for management position, it just turned out that he didn't turn out to be was very strong management material & should have stayed where he was as a rep since this is where he must have had at least some success & had little impact on other rep's lives with his later management style.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor old Dez! Does anyone miss him?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dev just don't get no respect!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although personally a nice guy, he had no self awareness! He would take over a Regional meeting when someone else was up. I blame his manager for not coaching him!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard that he is back in Shreveport with BI. Run, don't walk, away.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still in Shreveport, but not with BI. He is with WellNeccessities per his Linked In page.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dev is at boehringer. He is managing a houston team. Our first request was a personality profile. All information on working with dev helpful