Criteria

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey lady let me know how that lawsuit works for you!-you won't get a dime. This company is too protected-they can pretty much do what they want. Why don't you get off cafe pharma and start looking online for your hubbys new job! Move on

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just my two cents...probably what this is worth...but I've been through 5 wait by the phone days with two major companies....In every instance a third party was involved in "helping" to determine new geographies / territories and who stays...In each instance we were given some vague criteria as to what was going to determine who stays etc...the only thing I can tell you guys is there is ABSOLUTELY no rhyme or reason to how these things are conducted...Great people will be let go and moms who rarely leave the house will stay. Crappy reps will be gone and average reps will stay....I can say this though...and this will sound wrong...If you are a minority in any way shape are form you will be kept. Good luck to all!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to nit-pick but wanted to let you know that in the last big layoff, minorities were not safe. In my territory alone, an African American and a Philipino American were let go. It was a little surprising but true. As were strong performers so overall I agree with what you posted.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last layoff we had an African American with an MBA in our territory. Great guy we all loved him(so did all the offices) and he was the only one let go. In our territory he was the new guy. We all were telling him he was safe. We were shocked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The the people on Pips going to be the first to go? Does anyone know?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at Pfizer during their layoffs and made it, quit later and that is similar to how it all went down - outside vendor etc. (reduces liabilty for GSK) (managers rarely influence b/c liabilty)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI: THER REGIONAL MANAGERS HAVE THE CRITERIA FOR LAYOFFS. YOU WILL HEAR MORE NEXT WEEK.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really know what you are talking about, thank you for keeping us posted.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News Flash, the criteria that is disclosed is only part of the decision making revealed. The other part is subjective and confidential. Only VP and above and HR will discuss, like who's really been drinking the cool-aid and who's just tasting it...
    If you not in the Girl's club, then you may be at risk even if your numbers are good....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on now folks...why pontificate about what the criteria is. Just know for a fact that if you dont get the ax this go round it WILL happen sooner rather than later. This industry is on the decline, both here and in Europe, thus the investment in "emerging markets" in India, China, etc. We are all doomed and should be looking in a completely different industry for new jobs. That, or move to an "emerging market".

P.S. I love how this whole thing is being referred to as "Project Grow"!! Just like GEMS is a gem :)) LOL

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure it is PROJECT GROW... project grow the exec salaries in the US and to hell with the rest of the peons

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the criteria is
    1. Not faking calls
    2. Living off of the Abilify salary and bullshitting they have no access to justify no calls
    3. Eating all the profits rather than making them in Boston
    4. Lying about the competition and kissing their managers ass..ie Bernie
    5. Your FATASS Abilify reps are killing you GSK, they are not working..period..our providers tell us day in day out they never see them....wake up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just make up the criteria - home office here! Whatever we need is good.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The biggest problem w the current system (and there are many) is that when you finally decide to get the hell outa there, you will have no track record of numbers. Hiring mgrs will want to see your sales track record and all you will have is largely subjective nonsense to sell yourself with. That recognition system is unbelievably bad and will not sustain.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greetings, insider here once again. Do not listen to the individuals who say that this is untrue. Scores along w/ management feedback is taken into account and we will be releasing changes soon. Do what is best for yourself and god bless

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you elaborate on the outcomes of the changes and the timeline involved?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C'mon, pharma reps are not in "Sales". Pharma reps are in information regurgitation.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't believe you have all overlooked the racial and sexual preference quoats which will have to be factored in to maintain the appearance of diversity. Can't violate That Law... Oh wait - it's not a Law...just guidance. Well --okay, a Law.... same-same

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took the package in 2010. Haven't been on Cafe Pharma for about a year, but I'm not surprised by what I've found. Morale was going down hill a couple of years before I left, and apparently its continued to circle the drain since. It's sad to see what's happened to a once great company. I worked in NC, and to a person the ones I knew were very good reps, and good people. Hate to see them having to once again wait for their fate. The only advice I can give is to max out your savings, and live well within your means. This is the only reason our family has been able to continue life in comfort. Best of luck to all of you. You deserve better.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI - inVentiv recently signed an agreement with GSK and will be hiring 500 contract reps for next year. The cuts will be deep.