My expense reports take 4-6 hours to do

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GEMS is a nightmare. Searching an address will pop up 20 different code numbers in various lengths and I find myse,f clicking on all of them until I find the right one. This is a horrible system and extremely inefficient.
    This is my incentive to stop all lunches.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you tried calling the help line in Shanghai?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They know reps don't work very hard so they throw these ' busy ' things at you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds about right. I spend on average 3 hours on each expense report. I have decided to to less lunches in order to spare myself the agony. What a shame! This company cannot even get the simple things to work correctly.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we were doing similar back in '05..............

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are SO RIGHT! Looking up staff members is a disaster. As you say, you type in an address and you get 10 numerical choices and you have to search each one. After doing so only a few staff members (if you are lucky) shows up. So you can not enter names that the system can not find, so you just do not enter then. Instead, you just say there were 3 or 4 "others" that were there. Your other choice is to use TO Lookup and manually enter all of the individual CID numbers. What a fricking waste of time. GSK PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FIX THIS PEICE OF SHIT OF AN EXPENSE SYSTEM!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one is left that is listening. Anyone who gave a sh-t is no longer there. Caring about such things resulted in either deselection or really wanting to get out due to management retaliation. Suck it up buttercup or get out yourself. XXOO.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, if it takes you that long to do a expense report, you are a Dumbass!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not when you have a manager who kicks back expense reports consistently, even though you completed it correctly. Think I am kidding? The answer to your dilemma is simple. Just do fewer in-sevices. One a week to key customers. That's it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell? If GSK wants us to spend all Friday afternoon doing expense reports, than so be it!!! But the OP is correct in what a disaster this expense system is and whomever gave it final approval should be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOHOHOHOHOOOO!!!!!! - Catbert

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK if you are actually fucking listening you would get rid of the new GEMS yesterday.....or are only selectively listening?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree 100%. These people complaining probably need someone to tie their shoes for them every morning before they leave the house.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

observe this type closely......Velcro shoes

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being well versed in writing code, I automated my expense reporting. Takes me no more than 5 minutes to do a weeks worth of reporting. May start a new company with this. Might need it in the near future. Any buyers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty slick. How did you get write access to the database?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to Staples here in MD.