Ride Along = Territory Disruption times 10!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's go back 10 years. Include all ratings and rankings including the semesters when sales performance was measured. If you were hired less than 10 years ago, sorry, you're ineligible. Keep the top 1/3-1/2 of anyone in that pool. Severance the remainder. Then determine how many FLLs you need given a span of control of 12. This would take care of "access" issues, as there would only be 3-4 representatives per 1500 physicians. Ride-alongs would be more productive with less anxiety, as there would be more available physicians to call on and less frequent field rides.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last post is on to something. The one thing I take issue with is the part about going back ten years and cutting 1/3. We have already cut 2/3 from where we were 15 years ago. We all know who the performers are. We all know who takes advantage of the company. I will ask a question and would love love love to get the answer. Excluding maternity leave what is the ratio of men to women who go out on disability? Another question. Who takes more sick days per year, men or women? While I do not have the exact figure, we all know that women work far less than their male counterparts. It's a fact that no one cares to address. Save your breath on the "working mom" BS you try to hang your hat on. We all have families, we all have responsibilities and obligations outside of work. What a mockery many of the women have made of the workplace!

Back to the original topic of this thread. Way too many TSMs!! Obvious as the sky is blue. In typical GSK fashion, they will tell you the sky is purple and that the amount of TSMs is just right. Keep on drinking that kool-aid GSK. Look what its got you lately.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But, if you factor in the time that you spending wacking off in the bathroom during your workday, you are probably working similar hours as most women.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know that "stressed out" is how I feel about riding with my manager. But it changes the dynamic significantly. Offices have generally not closed their door to reps because of the rep. It's because managers have been jackasses during ride alongs. I have more and more offices that will allow reps back but not managers. So that's even fewer places to go when I have him/her with me.
    The industry has evolved in the last 10 years and we (reps) have had to evolve with it. Access, managed care, etc. What hasn't evolved is the manager role. I need my manager to approve my expenses in a timely manner and get answers for my questions.
    And if one more out of touch manager tells me "there's no such thing as a no see office" I might punch him. It's comical that they say that and then offer zero suggestions.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree, manager role has not evolved because evolving would mean extinction ... the role is not pertinent, increase span of control that would be the right balance in today's environment

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Ride Along = Territory Disruption times KGB FAG TROLL

KGB COWARDS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prediction: Breo sales force will be eliminated in 2016. TSM span of control will go to 12 to 1. Approximately 25% of TSMs cut. By 2017 we will either merge or be bought out by another company. And all these Ride-Alongs would have been worthless. So if management had any common sense they would see this. They would not place undue pressure on their people. Allow them to sell. Get out of their way. Observe three or four customer interactions and leave. Go complete your coaching report. It's really that simple! Yet, we will continue to have two day work contacts for 8 straight hours. How antiquated! What other industry does this? They always say to embrace change, but when change is asked of management, they refuse...even if it is a detriment to the company.

If Boston consulting is reading this, or if you are contacted by this organization, make them aware of this nonsense. This model has been broken for years and causes stress on your most valuable asset...your people! It pisses offices off to no end! How many times do you have to hear this? Unfortunately, you will acknowledge this after its too late and will use a phrase that begins with..."We have heard you and we are making changes..."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stress , worry , and toil. Poor child......why not just work out of your home, do what you must, and report to a meeting once a year. Would that be OK with you ? Sorry about the once a year meeting, but they sometimes need to know if you are still around ! Hope this new way of "working" will not be stressful to you.......hope things work out Bozo.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That last post obviously bothered the corporate tool. Funny to see what gets him mad. Usually its the truth. He can't handle it and he hasn't been able to for years. GSK will go down as a result just like its stock price while every other large pharma company soars.

This place has become a toxic dump. People leaving in droves. Shocking to watch. Company was paralyzed by the CIA and never recovered. Sad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

President of what?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I benefit immensely from my managers working with me during and after ride alongs. Her guidance and compassion are the driving force behind my improving access. Docs love her too !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, and so helpful when it comes to our business. Often breaking office policy and berating workers. This is why my numbers continue to grow. Uses a pic ax to drive proper expert behavior. And perfect example of the psychopath that made a break from federal prison over the weekend. We need more psychopath managers disrupting our business and bludgeoning employees.