Performance coaches

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they cant work with us very often if they cover a whole region, ince every 6 months.. when is gsk going to learn that its all about relationships and this other bs matters not at all..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

word is that they will work with us twice a semester. Your TSM will work with you twice a semester. 8 FCRs per year. Bringing in two managers is going to piss our offices off!! These guys just don't get it!! This is going to be a horrible mess!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, district managers and RVP's all know what a waste it is having someone riding with 20 year reps 2 day a month. But it is all about their looking the other way to protect their own turf and keep their jobs, called head count. it is the share holders who should be looking at this broken system and demand it be fixed. Every ride along with ding a ling causes major disruption in what the rep does and only makes matters worse. So, keep it up, why change a messed up system that has been going on for decades. Only thing, in the old days we had drugs that were a license to print money. But guess what, those days are going by by! Either we adapt or we we be eaten!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone at HQs knows that the days of reach and frequency being the #1 strategy should have ended a decade ago. The problem is that we got nailed with the #1 DOJ suit, AND no one at HQ knows how to fix our broken system. Hence: they keep trotting out silly ass ideas like PF and sims. After hitting us with yet another training on how to close, or "extend the sales call", they came up with THIS brilliant one: "Hey, why don't we get some mid-level managers that got shit-canned 2-4 years ago from Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi, and Merck, and have THEM help coach our people?"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Performance coach here. I have tried with no success to coach GSK sellers. Absolutely hopeless. What a bunch of crying ass wipes. Couldn't count their ass cheeks twice and come up with the same answer. No wonder our company is in the shape it is in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny because the Performance Coaches haven't beentrai ed yet and don't hit the field until Aug 1. Nice try. I bet you can't count your balls and get past 1.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You motivate real sales people by paying them for what they sell, that simple. Oh wait, that hasn't been done @ Glaxo in years. The best sales force in the business was destroyed when the sales force mgmt. was reorganized in 1991. It has been a comedy of errors since that happened, absolute incompetent dolts were put in positions of power and they were not qualified in any way. A&H mgmt. were put in charge of Glaxo pharm, major mistake, they were put in A&H years before because they were not very good. Now they are going to outsource the mgmt. of people by hiring a bunch of ex marine D.I.'s.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! I'm drunk too!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moncef? Is that you? Shouldn't you be inventing drugs instead of taking them?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over it. Its happening. 20 year reps that can't sell anything, DM's that don't go out into the field. Your vacation and payment for nothing is over. FVP's that can't analyze their own data much less follow a brand strategy or even schedule a conference call with out an admin, the 1990's called to say it's over. We are still operating like it's the good days but they've been over for a while. Company is holding reps, DM's and FVP's and NSD's accountable for the first time in a long while. And yes, this is stupid but guess what? It will either get people urgently engaged or get people out the door either on their own or involuntarily. This reports to commercial capabilities and is separate from sales so also guess what? No playing with the results from sales leadership. If you don't like accountability its time to leave but I'm not sure where you will go because your world will not be the same anywhere.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like they should be called "taskmasters" or "overseers" rather than coaches. I've never had a real coach whose primary role was to be a snitch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see how all of this shakes out. Still a lot of uncertainty surrounding this new system. My hope is that these "coaches" report the truth. Which is, that most reps actually do their jobs very well! That the pharma selling model and environment is completely unique compared to any other type of sales. That there are too many TSMs. That the sales division is a profit generating division. In the end, my hope is that TSMs are cut by 25%. Offer them early retirement. Offer anyone over the age of 55 early retirement. re-structure the sales force with everyone carrying two respiratory in their bag. One rep per territory (no overlap). Get rid of the inventive contract. Whew! That's my wish...will it happen? Absolutely not! As always, GSK will continue to keeps its head in the sand and refuse to embrace the facts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS POST IS DEFINITELY SPOT ON. EVERYONE ABOVE THE SALES REP LEVEL ARE AFRAID TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH AND THAT IS THEIR JOBS ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND TRUTH BE TOLD THERE DOES NEED TO BE A MAJOR REORGANIZATION TO GET THINGS RIGHT WITHOUT THE CONTRACT SALES INCLUDED IN THE MIX. WE HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DO THE JOB, BUT WE HAVE TOO MANY CHIEFs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient first proved reps are needed. DC's experiment blew up this company. Without an engaged sales team with the right incentive comp you can see a fortune 100 company go down the drain. Roll it out world wide and see the company self destruct. Sales teams were distracted and didn't focus on selling. I can't blame them. They were scared to be managed out over things that were not important and didn't drive sales. No competitors followed this. They ran away from it and laughed at it. So sad that the company appears to be selling off pieces to make it small enough to be acquired by a competitor. I remember a decade ago everyone was told that GSK would be the number one company worldwide. Just two years ago oncology would lift the company up and be the driving division. So much has happened. Crazy stuff. i don't know what is worse Patiend First or our country electing an unqualified person to be President twice.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, GW Bush did suck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Barack O'Bama is the absolute worst president in the history of America by far. Hillary will continue the stupidity.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, all dumb rednecks believe that, (and love Dubya). Truth is, both of them leave something to desire, but Dubya was worse.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Using what metric?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock market

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The height of the World Trade Center buildings before and after