Who is the worst manager you have ever worked for past or present?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked in the industry over 20 years. The only manager that I would honestly classify as a tyrant was Robert Gilbert of Oklahoma.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both respiratory managers in San Antonio

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S. CA has had them in the past. A couple of them actually got demoted a few years back. recently one "resigned". There are still a few out there that just don't get it. Micro-managent is an understatement. I guess it's not a crime, but it sure hinders productivity.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think of how many pathetic reps you have had to work alongside. Many are on this board.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lynn Zugay - hands down the WORST!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RTP rep here......after many managers, they threw a one year rotation manager from the training department at me..........very poor skills, very abrasive with people, and to be honest , no one liked him....even physicians and other managers whispered about him.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who left most recently? The RVPs in that market are masters of back stabbing!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a feeling that there are former TSMs looking at this thread. If that's the case, i have a couple of questions for you...one of you specifically. Do you have any remorse? Do you feel any guilt about how you treated your representatives? There is a reason you are no longer a part of the company and its not because a rouge rep went to HR. You were placed in a position of power with the ability to impact peoples professional and personal lives. You knew it and didn't care. I wish you well. If you ever are placed in a position to manage others, remember to treat people with respect and as professionals. Also remember that hypocrisy is as transparent as a pane of glass. you never walked the talk. ....the truth hurts. Best of luck to you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best ones have left on their own and the ones still around are the ones you are asking about. God help us all.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's also remember that women with ZERO leadership experience are being thrust into developmental FLL AND SLL roles. This only hurts the people who report to them and perhaps those very same women by setting them up for failure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try idiot! All post are anonymous. If you don't like being called out then don't read the posts! Hope that helps. How is San Antonio?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S. CA TSM still viewing the boards. You know how horribly you treated your reps. You should be ashamed of yourself. The stress you placed on so many individuals was cruel. Shame on you! - Anonymous

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rotterman-Ohio-easily

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B Noone

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the initials of the TSM in So Cal that left recently?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting, did you work for him in Oklahoma or Texas? He became my TSM when John Pennycook unexpectedly died of a heart attack.

Talk about a culture shift. John treated the TSR's as professionals and the elite of the sales force. Gilbert came in and immediately started micromanaging everyone like we were brand new to the industry reps right out of training. It was shocking and demoralizing.

For the record, I was glad he got fired a number of years later. And I would not usually say that about anyone. Gilbert was that bad......

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprised N. Dale name hasn't surfaced in this thread. Complete moron, I'm sure they shipped him to East Kentucky to live out his remaining days in that hole.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

even the other managers whispered about the 1 year rotation of in-house trainer from rtp ! loser.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG-plastic avitor framed glasses-NOT sunglasses-eyeglasses-wow is all I can say-imagine his wife--wow--I would rather be in prison-well......... a "nicer" min serurity like Pete Rsoe was in--grass and tables etc

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

female rotations in rtp area............