Ride Along = Territory Disruption times 10!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just amazing that managers hound us as often as they do and the company promotes it. I understand the manager as he or she is just doing his or her job. I have no beef with my manager. I do have a problem with the fact that the company still buys into this bullshit. Do they not understand that when the manage comes everything gets turned upside down to put on the dog and pony show? The rep totally changes his itinerary. He has to call his or her counterpart and have him or her change their routing to make the dog and pony show work so as not to overlap. Come on upper management, stop this nonsense. I know that middle management will not listen as they just want head count and just looks the other way. But upper management has to grow a set and correct this BS.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If u are putting on a dog and pony show for your manager, it's your fault. You should work your plan just like u would if your manager wasn't there. Maybe you don't work every day , that is why you get so stressed out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shove your make believe "plan" up your ...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are living on another planet if you think reps carry on a normal day when the manager does a ride along! You are not worth my energy! So let's move along with the thread.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you mean. My kids hate it when they have to ride to school in the trunk because my manager is hogging the front seat.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, whoever you are ... that wrote the above reply is a fool. Either your manager is checked out or doesn't ride with you as often as some others. You cannot really work your plan, because if you don't put out all the stops with the dog and pony show, then your FLL will have a negative opinion, they want the dog and pony show ... so they can tell you what you did good, otherwise they have to tell you different and it's not even based on reality. Managers do not need to ride with us as often as they do because they just end up looking foolish and annoying, sad to say it but reduction in field managers should be the first to go.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cry me a freakin river . Is this what we have become? Must be a bunch of whinny women, one who is taking her kid to school and picking them up at 2 probably. The other worried about making a good impression instead of selling something. You people are such babies . Makes me sick.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look my manager had me on a PIP, I"ll agree that I ranked next to the
    very bottom for the entire region,but riding my ass isn't going to help.
    This is my fourth job in five years I was fired from the last three and I'll
    be lucky to be here in a week.I can't function because of the meds I must
    take for a mental llness. My life partner always said I was stupid and lazy
    I guess he was right.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's an idea! Let's reduce the number of FLLs and make it a requirement that all representatives wear a GoPro camera throughout their days. GSK could randomly select days and have someone in a developing nation, working for lower wages, grade the sales interactions and give feedback, thus providing a basis for ranking based on real world experiences. Grading would include the number of physicians the representative actually had who agreed to have the interaction recorded for quality assurance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another arrogant/ insensitive remark from the PR douchebag who has no clue what we do. Keep paying these peasants GSK...Its a real morale booster!!

This company deserves everything that's coming.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This idea is why there are little pieces of black electric tape covering the cameras on my iPad.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really analyze this, it shows how stupid you are...I will let you figure this out, and I hope you are joking.

OP, relax. NOBODY, including your manager likes to do field rides. You just have to be prepared with everything, get your rest, be positive X 10 for that day, and play the game IF you want to keep getting paid. Just don't make a big deal out of it. It's not worth the stress. Worst case scenario is you get a half AZZ review. Big deal. If that happens, call your manager, and go over the report and act very enthusiastic about implementing those suggestions they have (again, this is part of playing the game), and give them an update, about a week after the field ride about how your week went and how you are looking forward to working with your manager again.

Its all a stupid game, and then we pass away someday, only to someday in the land of boundless space and time to realize it was just a stupid game.....LOL....there is so much more to life than a "career" and "making money"...sure, its important to take things seriously, but to stress out over it, is lacking wisdom and losing sight of what is important.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is that "whinny" again. must be a rodeo clown.?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whiney. Got it, cowboy?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe whiny

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree with this post! Been on both sides of the equation and have done it successfully for 25 years. I've earned over $3 million working for GSK and have had a great life! Just do your best at what's expected. Control what you can control. Let go of everything else, and you'll be fine. Always try to demonstrate you work harder, smarter, and more effectively than the majority of your colleagues, and your path will be paved in gold! It's not that hard.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wine-y.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #9 - I love the idea of a GoPro, GPS, Private investigator following our actions throughout the day. That would mean they could watch use "pre-call plan", go to storage unit, enter sales calls/call notes, expense reports, listen in on weekly K2S conference calls, meet with matrix partners, order pick up and deliver in-service lunch....still haven't made a call yet....don't you get it? This job has so much meaningless BS we are REQUIRED to do before we even make a sales call. It would be pure comedy. Look D-bag, being a rep today is not what it was thirty years ago. By the way, labor laws require two 15 minute breaks and a half hour for lunch (in-service is work) so track that!! Notice how the company took the overtime law suit to the Supreme Court. Reason is they don't want to pat overtime. What that means is that this job is done when it's done. There are no hours. Work 8 hours, 12 hours, or 5 hours. Get the job done. That's it. Bring on the GoPro!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster 18 has it right. It's amazing how much running around we do and still not considered work! There is a lot of BS stuff as mentioned but I don't get why management can't figure out how to remove the real obstacles and get back to productivity and I don't mean paperwork.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like we have pointed out before, these are the ' gimme generation ' whiners. They have a good job, perks, and great pay. Read these posts and see what America has produced.....poor parenting with sorry mothers is the reason we have kids like this today !