GSK CSO rollout!!!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the news about the big new cso hire? What productos on the listo? Worth it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first wave of inVentiv reps starts home study next week. The rest two weeks later. They will have Tanzeum and Advair. Worth it? Depends on your individual circumstances.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's ok if your a kid renting a basement apartment. Not a career for grown ups.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one ever said these were the sort of jobs you can raise a family on. It should be seen more as a sort of "stepping stone".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, shut the hell up. Your statement shows how stupid you are. If you did any observation of the industry at the moment, you would notice that the majority of the seasoned (and more wealthy) reps are CSO reps, while the privileged (LOL) reps are the younger, naïve (less wealthy) sales reps. I know what category you are in. Don't let they door kick you in the ass in a few years, when your pride and stupidity will catch up to you, dummy. Learn to read more and learn about the world around you, before you make such silly and wrong statements.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to bust your bubble - but I am one of those CSO reps starting next week and I promise you I am fully grown and will outsell you every day of the week. From your post it's obvious your an arrogant, young idiot. I was too - once. Then reality happens and I grew up. I've been in pharma 15 years and have been extremely successful - able to afford much better than a basement apartment. However, as the industry has changed hugely in the last decade (longer than you've been out of diapers apparently) and most of the well tenured reps have been downsized a few times. Many of us are now working CSO, since you newbies don't have a clue how to sell a product. GSK has already laid off a huge portion of it' sales force and there will be more in the future. Corporate saw the results of the CSO sales force and chose to downsize their own reps and bring on additional CSO reps - it is the way of the future and the way most companies are moving. So if you want to stay employed CSO isn't the worst thing you can do. I'm excited to be on this contact and sell 2 very good products. When you grow up a bit you'll recognize these facts too

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo. 100 percent correct.

They do see that the CSO model works, because their own employees can't sell. Its true. The sharpest training I have ever been in was with CSO team for GSK, and I was with Pfizer, Merck and Abbott and got downsized with Merck and Abbott.

The only profile that fits for the manufacturers are going to be the newbies or those that worked a few years in B2B sales, and are still newbies at sales.

It really cracks me up that people with 2-3 years of B2B think they know sales. It takes a good 5-10 years to really be good at selling and make impact.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out sell?! You don't sell anything old man!! Nobody beats you up about price or delivery! You old timers are pathetic AND delusional. You bitch and moan about everything and talk about how great it was in the fucking Stone Age. I am new to this industry and I can tell you with 100% certainty that Pharma lifers are pathetic losers that have been living in a fantasy camp for their entire careers. This isn't a sales job you morons, it's a promotion job. Thr industry goes through layoffs so often because reps are 1000% replaceable. If you have a valid DL, pulse and mildly likable you can get these jobs. it requires no skill, capacity or specialized training. When I hear someone use the term seasoned rep I fucking die with laughter. Seasoned in this industry = fucking loser. These jobs offer zero professional fulfillment( if you say it does you prev my point the seasoned=loser) no security and oversight from management that rides with you?! If this was really sales the management ride alongs and complete bullshit reviews would be nonexistent. Everyone I know that gets one of these gigs knows that it's a stepping stone, no matter what company of product. I seriously can't fathom looking at myself in the mirror in 10 years and still having to schedule lunches for a bunch of fat ass nurses and dickhead doctors.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma pays better than 95 percent of sales jobs, so it's not a stepping stone....software sales are the only other place to be....now get back to washing those rental cars or selling the highly sophisticated payroll products you peddle.....you are not fooling anyone w your BS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No fooling here man. A monkey can do this job. It's a stepping stone no college grad is hoping to be a Pharma rep. I promise you that. Old, out of touch... Just like this total bullshit stepping stone job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a moron. You have proven that you are a total waste of occupied space. But you are right about one thing. The bar/standard was lowered years ago to include worthless ass holes like you. Keep up the good work bitch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You still don't get it, meathead....the last training class I was in, 12 out of 18 reps didn't make it past the training! And about half of that group had advanced degrees!

Pharma. training is easily the most difficult of any industry. And on top of the clinical training, you have to be polished and professional every minute of your life, or you are gone.

My guess is that you have been rejected for many jobs and are bitter OR you work for a mom and pop company and had easy training.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! I guess I hit a nerve huh? The truth sucks especially when it come from the inside. If your claim that the bar has been lowered is true guess who is to blame? Lifers, "seasoned reps! If you were really producing "sales" it would merit a high standard but as we all know, if we will say it out loud or not, this isn't sales. As I said before anyone can do this job and THATS why its a totally disposable position.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guarantee you, that a dumb ass like you, is not hitting any nerves. Most of us are on vacation or off today and post to have something to do.

In real life we wouldn't even talk to a r***** like you.

Have a good day!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nerve struck was yours. Your the one that rants the most. I don't work at any Pharma company. Never have been in sales. I just get bored and see if I can get people like you pissed off and watch you ramble on. Mission accomplished. The entertainment value on this page is priceless. Thanks.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think training for this job is difficult you have bigger problems. Have to be polished and professional every minute?! My god man, you must be mainlining the kool aid. How polished must you be to call in a sandwich order? And I'll add a caveat to that, anyone that breaths the words " polished and professional" is infact neither of those things. In the real word those things are a given. Now go polish that name tag you professional sandwich dropper.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to jump in after reading the garbage some youngster put on here - "old" man and can't sell? The poster who responded is correct - after 15 years, his salary was easily twice that of your starter salary and why do you think he was an old timer? Because he was good at the job. Have some respect for anyone and especially anyone who makes it in this business more than 15 years. They have been award winners, have multiple product and disease state experience, and most likely have lifelong relationships with their doctors. Come back here in a few years, if you're lucky enough to still be in pharma, and give us your thoughts then. You haven't paid your dues yet puppy!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidently a disgruntled fired rep. Hope you didn't send many e-mails or reports...the word " God " is capitalized kid. You never start a sentence with the word " And ". There is a difference in the word " breaths " and " breathes " Einstein ; also " infact " happens to be two words. " In the real word " should be " in the real world " !

Perhaps that is why you can't find a job. You made many mistakes in that short paragraph. Get a professional resume person to help with your next one....just saying.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. To make it this long requires a lot of hard work, intelligence, and patience.

There have been so many different mangers, and personalities...disease states...products...training with high testing requirements....pressure field rides from terrible managers.

Adversity is always going to be there, and you have to be sharp to get into pharmaceuticals...and sharper to stay in.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

while its true that anyone who has survived 10-20 years in this industry and has been fortunate enough to have won awards taking them to Europe and or Hawaii etc..should be happy and proud of that , I must disagree about the pharma training...I have always just used my own emotional intelligence to figure out how best to work the different offices always changing my approach based on how strict or mellow each particular office is....I have NEVER seen ANY plus in using home office BS training and or materials...All BS...