Primary Care Meeting - Team Anoro

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on the Anoro portion of the Primary Care Meeting?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have no thoughts, just as Anoro has no sales.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering we've always said everyone should be on an ICS/LABA -- why do we even need ANORO? Did I miss something?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Needed. FLLs as sales collaborators and not just evaluators. Also HCPs too busy to focus on more than one product during a standup call, so singular focus is an improvement. If you have an hcp who feels that inflammation is part of all copd, like we promoted in the past, don't argue and move on. Anoro is better than tio

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks boss.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My problem with the meeting is that they did not show very good leadership moving forward. We were presented with a problem when we were shown the sales performance for Anoro. Then made to feel that we are on the endangered species list if that doesn't change.

So why is there is no new strategy!? All we did was focus on doing more of the same thing. If it is a phraseology problem why is Anoro not meeting expectations nationally? A peer educator in my session actually suggested over the loud speaker, "focus on reading the top of the page."

If were going to stick to our guns and continue with this strategy, we missed the mark by not recognizing the successes we have had and energizing the sales force. I felt worse at the end of the meeting...

I will admit that things do appear to be on the up-and-up at GSK and that feels good. However, in regards to Anoro, I think we need a shift in product placement. Something more in line with the suspected BI LABA/LAMA strategy. We should have tried to carve out a unique niché between Spiriva and Advair and just let it phase out Spiriva on its own over time instead of getting greedy and trying to take down the 800 lb gorilla right off the bat. Maybe it's not that simple, just my two cents.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we can focus on selling more to former peasants in India and China, volume of sales will make up for lack of innovation

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head. But remember though -- before Anoro, what did we want doctors to do after Spiriva? Write Advair, right? And now, we want them to do what exactly? Anoro, Advair, Breo? Am I the only one who thinks we're unwilling to tackle that question?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, now THIS is the best thing I've read on here in awhile! Such an absurd strategy from our CEO!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Houston, we have a problem. If sales don't pick up, another 15% reduction in Q1 16.

Good luck to all.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK screwed the pooch on this one. ANORO should go second line BEHIND Incruse. Hey GSK, you can't wish away the LABA interactions of BREO and ANORO. You can't have it both ways.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in marketing so you are obviously smarter than all of us. To be clear, we should focus our efforts on a third-in-class INCRUSE and a fourth-in-class BREO and put both of those in front of what was the first-in-class LAMA/LABA?

Makes sense to me.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. BREO PLUS INCRUSE will sell more than ANORO all day, any day. You must be a Tanzeum rep that thinks he/she is getting ready to blow it out. Your comment tells me you know absolutely NOTHING about the respiratory market. Do you need an example? Ask your customers how many of them have added an ICS + LABA to an anticholenergic or added an anticholenergic to an ICS+LABA. YOUR short sighted thinking is a prime example of why we are where we are.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No... I'm thankfully someone with independent thought and memories of how "WE" built the ICS/LABA market into what it is today. In case you haven't noticed, that market is going to go generic -- maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon enough. And if you think a fourth-in-class product like BREO that couldn't even beat ADVAIR in H2H trials is the solution to carry this company over that patent cliff -- well, then I don't want to be in the same company as you.

"WE" had/have(?) a potential regimen changing product in ANORO, but have been completely incapable of changing our own story. How many COPD patients today get steroids that don't really need them? 10%? 20%? More? Every one of those patients would be best served by ANORO -- plain and simple.

As far as asking our customers -- I remember when we actually had people (inside and outside) that were willing to develop science and rationale to tell our customers what they SHOULD be doing. Because we developed the medicine and owned the science. Relying on our customers' opinions will take us over the cliff -- hope you enjoy the next 12-24 months at the sacrifice of the future of GSK.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up troll :D

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're rationale about patients not needing a steroid is a great idea but has no marketable evidence to support it...until now. Enter BI's LABA/LAMA with the WISDOM study to support exactly what you are talking about.

Supporting the postponement of an ICS undercuts the largest profit engine at GSK. I think you are wrong when you say that we haven't been able to, "change our own story." What we have failed to do is disprove the GOLD guidelines or prove that Anoro is truly an "alternate therapy" to a single LAMA.

Debasing Spiriva is going to be impossible. Look at how difficult it has been to get Tudorza off the ground. We should have and still should have created a new segment for Anoro between Spiriva and Advair to reduce the time of exposure to the ICS.