Termination Date - Bittersweet

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2015 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today is officially the termination date for approximately 1,500 of us. It's been a great 32 year run. For all of those looking for a job, good luck. For those of us lucky enough to be able to retire I wish you all good health.

Now, for the rest of you still working please start selling so our stock can finally move up.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rejoice! You are all free now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bittersweet? You've got to be kidding. It's been the best 60 days ever, payment for relaxation and discovering opportunities out there is priceless. Now time to sever all ties.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is probably the most sincere post I have ever read on this site. Best of luck to you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great place to be bitter

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats too...............I got out after almost 40 years in '05 ..........I'm no Wall Street Whiz, but I sold all my GSK stock then and reinvested in some great stocks that have actually made $ . Good luck !

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget retirement -- they were willing to pay me to leave and vest most of my stock while it's still in the 40s? I'd volunteer for that every single day of the week.

For those that stayed behind... good luck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just woke up unemployed after 27 years. Best night of sleep i have had in the past 3 years. I am one of the lucky ones that qualified for the rule of 75. The first 24 were great. The past 3 were a nightmare as I worked for TS. (ex Lilly) Made life time friends and memories.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The board troll has made it is life's ambition to be bitter. Might that be you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats on getting out. GSK is a blemish on my professional resume that I am thankfully able to quickly erase.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question regarding the "rule of 75". Does anyone know if there is partial benefits given? Another words, what if my age plus years of employment equal 72? Would I be eligible for 80% of those benefits? Or does someone like me get screwed and receive nothing? Serious answers only please.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You get nothing. I'm in the same boat.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget to pick
    up your very own personal
    Sir Andie Wittie Advent Card
    It has his face superimposed on St. Joan of Arc
    Sir St. Andie
    The Patron of Failure and Petty Greed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You get nothing unless you are age 55, then it might be pro rated if less than 20 years service

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO........a rule is a rule !

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were hired at age 40 or later, there is another rule that does not follow the rule of 75. Trust me!! Call an HR person and ask them. Also, for those of you still here, it takes some digging but you can look up your actual "retirement elegible date". Many don't know where to find it....and it's very complicated to get to, but it is in your file. 2023 for me!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK won't be around as we know it in 2023

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would hire anyone over 40 ?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what do you propose those of us forced out after 40 do?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change may be good.