Kendall - Disposables & Merger

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for account manager with Kendall (disposables). Any feedback as to the merger and whether it would or wouldn't be a good move? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well when cov buys a company they layoff about 25% of the one they bought and the equivalent of another 25% but of cov staff…either way people get sacked-if you're unemployed do it, about to be fired then jump, ok where you are-stick there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that Medtronic would sell/spin off Kendall quickly after the Covidien absorption.
    What happens after that, who buys Kendall is pure speculation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would MDT sell Kendall?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Low margin, legacy disposables = poor fit w/the MDT product portfolio.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't hospitals going to go green and start using more reusables?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospitals will "go" with whatever they think will cost them less. Environmental responsibility is the least of their concerns. They are trying to stay alive in an impossible financial environment.

To the OP, if Kendall Disposables (aka, Medical Supplies) is profitable, Medtronics will keep it. Why would they want to jettison a profitable segment. Of course, they could always sell it to Dollar General which would probably be a better fit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since not all disposables and reposables are not the same this is an uneven playing field that is being discussed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So there are now reposable bandages, gauze, catheters etc?? Kendall (or more accurately, Medical Supplies) will likely be one of the early sell off casualties post merger.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kendall is guaranteed to be an early sell off casualty post merger and I'd bet my retirement portfolios on it too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spin off supplies in ireland for Halyard Health inversion

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone has an opinion. No one has any facts.

If this is your first medical gig go after it and get it.You'll get your foot in the door with Covidien.

Once the merger is finalized you will either survive the merger/not selling off, and now have Covidien/Medtronic on your resume and build your track record from there or you will be severed. Companies understand severances when a merger occurs.

If word gets out that they are going to sell it, you start actively looking for your next gig and explain that the word out of corp. is they are selling the division off and you are being proactive. Managers get it.

Everything is speculation and rumor trolling when it comes to the merger because Covidien is not controlling the merger.

If it's the right move for you do it. If you are hesitant, walk away before you get into the interview process and wait for the next opportunity.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the Kendall Alternate Care reps still cutting deals under the table to drive diversion? Kendall reps are the shadiest bunch so Medtronic would be smart to cut that out quickly.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not the reps that are shady it is the management!! They are beyond shady with the distributors they partner with and the deals they cut are criminal.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is running this division?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic will they likely sell/spin-off injectables (needles & syringe) and bandages/wound care as they are outliers in the core combined, "high-value", portfolio that shall emerge soon.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this division going to last? I am in the northeast who is the sales manager and AVP?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seems very unlikely they'll hold onto this stuff. can't really expand globally, margins are not in-line with other products. and, really, medtronic overhead just can't support this type of product

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who bought who? Did Covidien buy Medtronic or vice versa? Do these mergers happen alot? I have never worked for a giant company before.