Target list in Dec?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we waiting until the last minute? I understand that we want everyone to stay focused on current targets for business, but hitting goal attainment and the kicker is enough reason in it self to stay focused. Holding target lists hostage makes me feel like I am in grade school. Calendars for Q1 are opening up now. Some physicians fill up so quickly you will have to wait an entire quarter to see. Dec, really? Have a little more faith in this sales force. We have been through more changes than most and still deliver results. Early target sheets won't prevent that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was under the impression our lists weren't changing. Maybe adding in a few Drs for BED but even that won't be talked about until the end of Feb. Am I wrong???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good question. KK clearly said on the conference call we will get our "new target list" as well as a "transition plan" the first part of Dec. Up until she made that comment, I had thought our territory boundaries and physican list would not be changing much. Maybe that's still the case? If so why do we need a transition plan and target list?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm wondering the same thing???!!!???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The adult focused reps will have different territories. It was an adult focused rep asked the question on the conference call.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here- Thank you for clarifying. Many were confused about this I think. This post is now irrelevant.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The question really should be about the q4 targets lists she talked about. Why would we need a special q4 target list now?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess is the target lists are being withheld because there will be much more disruption to occur than expected.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There always is with expansions. What looks good on paper doesn't always correlate once you get down to logisitcs. Not to mention the first alignment back in 2012 wasn't exactly done correctly. Perry said he would have done it much differently had he been in charge, but for the sake of customer disruption he would just go along with it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are waiting for the interview process to be completed first and for us to get at least 1/2 way through the quarter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disruption would mean they were actually thinking long term and beyond launch period. I really doubt that is the case. Our territories are not changing, just a few new targets. The only reason they are waiting on targets is so we don't start calling on these new targets until next year.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2-3 reps on average per region will end up with a new RD. That's why they are waiting until the last minute to communicate.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, especially since KK didnt involve RD's in the process until recently. She is so controlling and thinks she can organize the entire nation by herself.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure? I was under the impression that RD's were not involved in the process?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're not. Its KK and a couple insiders making all decisions. Amazing. They know nothing about local areas but are so confident they know better than RDs or ZDs who manage these markets. Text book case of arrogance.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which regions?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mostly the regions where the new RD's are being added. California, Georiga, Texas, Chicago and Louisiana. If your region butts up to one of the new RD openings you can expect to lose 2 reps per RD. Each new RD will need 10 reps. They are taking the furtherest reps from each of the surrounding regions. I don't know why it's a big secret. The lack of information is more of a distraction. This is exactly how rumors get started. The rumor mill is spinning out of control right now.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They may not be involved for target selection and deciding who gets additional targets but I know for a fact that ZD and RD's have been involved on which territories are getting overlap reps.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If being told which territories without getting any data to understand the decision is "involved" then technically you are correct.