Implanted defibrillator & hot tub electrocution.

Discussion in 'Biotronik' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012302100043

I have no idea of the make or model, but is this possible?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably not a Biotronik since Bio is locked out of LeeSar system

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things that make ya go hmmmm.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about probably not a Biotronik because only 4% of all US implants are Biotronik?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I can tell you I didn't post these articles to point a finger at anyone, I posted here because I do have an ICD and it happens to be a Biotronik. The point is something went terribly wrong if the coroner is correct, and if anyone here had ever heard of something like this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be one of those Biotronik Czech devices........KABOOOOM!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been following devices for 7 years, and I have never heard of such a thing. The passing of two octogenarians in a hot tub is unfortunate, but for an EP or a coroner to imply that a 40J defib going off inside a patient could generate sufficient amperage to kill someone is patently ludicrous.

Isn't is more plausible to believe that the "shock" of witnessing a loved one pass away unexpectedly was too much for the second person?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They only way this could happen is for the lead to be outside the body the husband holding on to it and some miracle happened that the amperage got increased. Voltage does not kill it is amperage.The amperage on a 3.2volt battery regardless of manufactuer does not put out enough to eletrocoute some one. The coroner has no idea why they both died and took the easy way out!
    I know of couples who were being intimate and nothing happened to the partner without the device. People who post such crazy things do not understand the laws of electricity.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe he was visciously poking her at the time, had a very high-rate event and his ICD delivered a `shock-on-T`that triggered her unfortunate sustained VF. This would be considered an internal 40J shock in medical circles.

It is possible, you know. Hot tubs should not be used for lovemaking, regardless of age. Done deal.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread attracts the industry idiots. Try inducing vf with a shock on T with 20j and it won't work idiot...even @ greater output is less odds of induction...go back to school moron. Why do you think T shock inductions are done @ 0.8j-1.0j? Please give me your professional researched reasoning.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL @ "viscously poking" hahahaha. All the rest of the post is f'ing retarded.

13. More is always better right?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The devices known as an ICD is used to monitor the heart rhythms. Whenever it senses dangerous rhythms, it delivers shocks to the heart of the victim. I think there might be no problem with people who have defibrillator with tub but yes some of the issues related to electrocutions need to be researched properly.

Buy AED

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the heads up concerning "the device known as an ICD", Tarzan. What else can you teach us natives...perhaps a little about the device known as a cellular phone?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more crap from the haters!

why don't you focus on your own stuff?