Is AGN buying Shire?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2014 at 9:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

perhaps that would be better than putting up with KK's micromanaging crap

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For sure. Can we get a do over with this hire?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard Allergan is a nightmare to work for! We haven't seen any micromanaging here from KK yet anyways but AGN is that way as a company! Be careful what you wish for. I seriously doubt it's going to happen

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valeant is trying to buy Allergan, yet Allergan has seen how Valeant has destroyed Bauch & Lomb in the last 10 months by gutting the R&D department for a short term gain.

Allergan unlike B&L is a company with money to spend, and they will do anything to stop Valeant's hostile takeover. I'd say its safe to assume Allergan will make a generous bid for Shire. Allergan is facing a death sentence if Valeant wins.

The positive side for Shire is that Allergan is a company who believes in R&D and spending on R&D.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been at AGN for 26 yrs. Someone fed you bull$hit! Great company to be at! Well run and pays great!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an Allergan employee of about 2 years now, I dropped in to see whether you guys were discussing the potential offer.

I can't speak for other departments (I know our sales people complain sometimes, but frankly, I've never heard a sales rep NOT complain), but I work in the compliance side of things and this is not the case--at least, not any more than necessary to ensure we're being compliant. To be perfectly honest, this is the best job I've had. I've got a boss who listens and provides feedback, and even (gasp) helps me develop my career! The pay is very competitive for our area, and the benefits are also very good.

Personally, I want to be optimistic about this possible merger. Mr. Pearson of Valeant is all about "synergies," which is just business shorthand for "people we can fire because we already someone who does that." The only area of overlap for Shire and Allergan is eyecare though--and Allergan is very serious about fostering good R&D--so I am hopeful that this deal would be a better outcome for the employees of both companies than any of the other potential suitors pursuing either Shire or Allergan right now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know 2 people who have worked for this company. 1 is currently employed here and both say its a great company to work for. Shire employees can only be so lucky to be bought out by AGN. They trust employees, no micromanagement, great pay, great morale, are respected among physicians and believe in investing in the employees and R & D. All things that Shire can benefit from and add to. I am personally praying this deal goes through.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie according to Reuters article tonight

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If AbbVie buys us, we are REALLY screwed. They truly are the most micromanaging company out there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is completely false! Where are you people getting this information? Unless something has changed in the last 6 months - Abbie is a great company to work for. They are a very autonomous sales force and are not micromanaged in the least. I am not exactly sure how the porfolio would fit into Shires but on from a sales perspective we have similar direction.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, guess you must be the last person to know that Abbvie is launching a new Hep C drug in the Fall. Shire already has a GI portfolio, yeah not sure how those portfolios would fit.

PS When Abbvie takes over Shire, you won't have to worry about how the Shire portfolio would fit into Shire's, it will be the other way around.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most ADHD reps will stay. maybe a few managers, not many. G.I. will be cut.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And how do you know this? Hate all the stupid know it alls on here!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I realllllly hope that AbbVie was used to get the most out of allergan

A few inductors would be AbbVie on its 3rd attempt when we hired citi. This indicates we want to be shopped around

Also all of the press releases today state that the offer from AbbVie was highly constrictive. Perhaps that is the rub. Allergan has a much more innovative business model and our corporate philosophies are quite similar and allergan is financially stable.

Perhaps the less restrictions, such as combined management teams negotiated synergies etc, in addition to share price and sky rocketing profits would be what we are seeking in addition to the dollars.

Allergan is world class as is shire. AbbVie is not. Valeant's is Enron. This makes so much sense- I know a lot of folks at allergan and it's a great place.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Two of the best out there. Both being hunted. Makes a lot of sense.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbvieAllergan

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. Allergan is poised for huge growth. Abbvie is another patent cliff big pharma of the past that's getting managed care squeezed and a flat stock.