Dermatology Nurse Educators

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know any information on the interview process/timeline? Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told by August 25th.

I was also told I would spend my time handling strategies to mitigate the frequent candida infections.

I was also told I would have to be able to handle the REMS program around grade 3 neutropenia.

I was also told to continue to expect this due to the AbbVie rules of engagement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fungal infections are going to be a problem. Serious Candida issues. Probably a REMS, but not for sure.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes candida, yes rems.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The drug is a biologic. What do you expect? Ever see an Enbrel or Humira commercial? There are all kinds of risks when you mess with the immune system, but the benefits out weight the risks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not worried about the black box. All the biologics have them and dermatologists don't care.

What worries me is the price. I have an academic dermatologist who attended an ad-board and he said he was told around $75,000 per year.

I understand we will have PASI approaching 100 and nothing will come close to us in efficacy, but that's quite a price. My derm said he wouldn't write at that price.

Talk me off the ledge.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$75K…doubtful. Regardless, it's more effective than the bio's for PsO. The interesting time will be the entrance of the other IL-17's into the market. Lilly's appears to be the same, but Amgen's will block A-F. Possibly better clearance, but will SAE's increase as well?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Amgen's will be better. They are all pricy, but they are not $75 K. Amgens is less than half that--as far as Enbrel.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also managed care will be bad for this new product.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best of luck to all who interview!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the salary looking like?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mid 70s to low 90s

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to think that only those who are serious candidates get to know the salary. You would have been told on the phone by HR in the beginning, and even if you get the offer this week or next week.

In any case, it's on par for the amount of work and territory size. Big.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once the drug gets going, they spend 3 to 4 days a week at home--office days and calling patients. It appears to be an easy job. Their territories may be big, but the nurses don't call on offices daily.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong--closer to 100K