Manager harassment

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with this post! Documentation is very important if you can prove that there's a violation of labor laws. Disregard the fact that there are compliance and ethics policies in place, because they aren't always enforced by those individuals who supposedly conduct the investigation. Enforcement is selective based on who is being investigated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

big girl bobbie bit my wrist and drew blood

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad I stayed with BMS. Otsuka's board is bad. They have a thread on Harassment and people keep denying it, which makes it clear it's happening. You don't see anyone on our thread denying it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two words: hidden camera.

You need irrefutable evidence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure if this is the situation I was a part of or one similar. I was bullied by a manager known to bully other reps. The evidence was blatant and documented. Incomplete and falsified coaching reports. Preferential treatment and singled out for harrassment - documented. I was written up with incorrect information that I was able to dispute via email thread communication. I went to HR and compliance. All but one member of my team came forward with the same complaints. There was an investigation and a 360. I had people who had repped for this manager in the past call me and thank me for filing a complaint. She was probably put on some type of notice. To my knowledge, she is still with company. That sucks. I was in complete shock that her behavior was allowed to continue and she wasn't reprimanded. Not long after I left the company, a Pinnacle award winner from her team left as well. She added no value. She was a distraction and a bully. I almost feel sorry for her, because the miserable energy that she put out is only a sign of how incredibly unhappy this woman was and probably still is.

But you know what? I would do it all over again. Because it was the right thing to do. I left the company and actually have a very rewarding career in an entirely different field. I am lucky... I know that. Not standing up for myself was not an option. My life is bigger than that. Yours is too. Good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck feeling sorry for a person that is a bully. She can be miserable and fucking unhappy, that is no excuse to shit on other people. A TRUE professional puts there personal shit in its compartment and does the job right for the business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for a female manager like that in the past. It was awful. We all rated her really low but it did nothing!
    I was sexually harassed by a manager from another company. He seemed like such a nice guy, but him being a mentor was just him looking for a hookup. He laid it on thick. I should have reported him but I sort of felt like it was my fault until I realized that's how he wanted me to feel. He is very handsome and well liked - who would have believed me? He was experienced. No paper trail, and people saw us as friends. The experience was horrible.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor managers are BMS standard.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have and have had so many terrible managers, I've been on 2 teams that tried to fight by reporting or giving them bad rankings on surveys but it never works

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is very well put!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Women have a particularly hard time doing this.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Girl Bobbie made me gargle sea shells

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a laboratory worker in the same boat as the OP.

My manager is often times downright rude, condescending, and at times demeaning and belittling to me. Furthermore she has told me to do things that are in direct violation of company policy.

I've brought much of this up to our dept. manager, but it falls on deaf ears. My suspicion is that person just wants to sweep it under the rug so she does not look bad.

I am frankly at my wits end in dealing with this person..

What suggestion do you guys have for me?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Workplace Mobbing (actually Academic Mobbing and Community Mobbing, too) is all to common at companies like BMS. Ultimately, AWARENESS with actionable LAWS; engaged CLERGY; concerned COMMUNITIES and caring FAMILIES need to be fully AWARE of MOBBING behavior in our human culture.

It is common, horrific and led typically by Ringleaders...like say a 'big' Regional Business DIRECTOR or quiet, connected practicing 'Christian' District Manager or even a Vice President with fluid morals. Or maybe just a dysfunctional, Territory Rep with their own issues.

The RING LEADERS often have some insecruities, unresolved ANGER. Some warped sense of "HOW to Manage HUMAN BEINGS".

Namie and Namie (2000) describe individuals who instigate mobbing as, “inadequate, defective, and poorly developed people.” They’re generally angry, unpredictable, critical, jealous, and manipulative (Davenport, Schwartz and Elliot, 1999; Namie and Namie, 2000). The emotionally abusive bullies who engage in mobbing revel in the excitement produced by their animosity. It produces a pleasurable buzz or rush in them. Westhues (2002) refers to this as “the euphoria of collective attack.”

REMEMBER, if you are being MOBBED (Bullied) at BMS, who these people REALLY ARE and develop a strategy to deal with it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although your Dept. MANAGER appears to be acting alone at this point. Be aware, she may in fact, its common, engage others to join in the attack. (Side note, this is simply suck butt business practice. That companies don't have mechanisms for "Targets" to be able to function, be respected and productive is simply BAD BUSINESS. It'd be like allowing people to treat company equipment anyway they want....they couldn't DO THAT to an INANIMATE object...but BOY, we sure can beat the SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE at companies like BMS without LEAVING A MARK. This is simply anthropological sickness to our human condition without compassion or sense of mercy...that's for all us, "PRACTICING" Christians out there.

Who is likely to become the target of mobbing?

Mobbing targets have certain characteristics in common. Typical targets include people who are:

average to high achievers
    extremely competent
    devoted
    loyal
    organized
    cooperative
    experienced
    They become targets out of jealousy or because they’ve somehow put a co-worker or superior to shame. Creative people are also likely to be mobbed because they present new ideas that challenge others. Other likely targets include people who excel in some area, are different in some way (e.g., gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity), dissent with certain organizational practices, or have knowledge of wrongdoing or a breach of ethics by someone with authority in the workplace.

NEVER forget how valuable you ARE. NEVER forget you are cared for by people that have a heart and are a miracle.