Culture

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm considering a position in the corporate headquarters in medical affairs. Any comments on company culture, work/life balance, diversity ... much appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mediocrity......nothing more, nothing less

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget blaming others, name calling, back stabbing, lying and hatred.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think of Pharma as a career. Wish you the best.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

corporate office is like being back in high school-the clicks are supreme

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a career opportunity if you got into it in the 80's or 90's, not anymore.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't these cynical, accurate comments say it all?

A glorious, $$$$$$$$$$$BBBILLLLLION DOLLAR MACHINE; yet, a work environment that mirrors adolescent behavior when 'PUSH comes to SHOVE'.

And to all the Sunday "Christians", what a job you display in being no better than John 10:12 as the 'hired hand', not the shepard. You do not own the sheep. So when the wolf comes, you abandon principle and figuratively, run away'. And the wolf will attack, oh they alway do. And the wolves will scatter the sheep. But those 'sheep' Christ Loves without condition, even in the workplace. You do not. Remember that, as you approach the alter on SUNdays.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up and get your Brian Williams on and go to work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you like old school Big Pharma you'll love BMS. The buildings are out of the 1970s and the forward thinking is straight out of the late '80s. This place is a dust bin for lost souls.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brian the ten million dollar man..."....Lambrusco is laughing his ass off....10 mil....chump change

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PP: What a 'whack job'!? Try doubling your doses of Abilify. "Mister".

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you like watching paint peel off the walls, BMS is kinda your place to be. Don't expect change much. But a lotta talkin about change. I just upgraded from Windows XP 2002 to like Windows Vista 2010 on a full size laptop with no real functional notebook capabilities like a Microsoft Surface. and the printers are out of style, moving away from dot matrix inkjets full of paper jams each print job.

That's BMS change you can believe in, WooHoo!! On the cheap. Just look at the 1960s BMS Company logo that's needed refreshed 40 years ago. Good Gawdy!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The movie Office Space.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny, the disconnect from some outstanding research, or research muscle to the culture in sales & marketing. So, I get the 'push comes to shove' comment above.

But really, how is our BMS any different from any other big corp? So, go to work, play the games, collect the checks and call it a life.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, there is a difference, once you get outside of this shit hole, with the right company. A lot of luck and being in the right place at the right time comes into play to get on with the right company unfortunately

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad AZ bought BMS diabetes. BMS was, and is such a sh*t hole in comparison.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree today. I think corporations are all very similar, in most situations at every level within a 'range of legally and corporately acceptable' behavior. And it is all about perpetuting the 'life' of the corporate beast. And "push comes to shove" is everywhere, second nature. Very few, lay down themselves for a co-worker. Very few, carry a 'cross' to their own personal detriment for others benefit. Very few indeed, everywhere.