Age discrimination at BMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Younger reps are seen as more easily coached by the single dimensioned managers that plague the industry today. This includes the RBDs too. They are too concerned about their own careers and look for like characteristics in their reps. They don't know how to inspire their people. They think intimidation is the same thing. Older reps pick up on this lack of leadership, so the best way to limit the damage and protect their careers is to get rid of older reps. Not recognizing they are cutting their own throats, these questionable managers continue to feather their own nests. Getting rid of those who have made it their profession to be reps and who counsel and lead in their districts by positive example. Great reps won't necessarily make great managers. Great leaders make great managers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think my ass is so nasty why is your tongue up it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is bullshit. The industry has bottomed out and stayed there. Old reps bring no real value over new reps, what you can discuss is so tightly regulated, tenure brings very little to no value. The myth of access perpetuated by old reps is easily overcome. New reps gain access to most offices, including new offices that old reps do not. The salary costs of older reps is simply not worth it anymore to companies. If your old, stay until you either want to or they get rid of you and then move on with life. Pharma is only a job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS on you too. The myth as you call it is that younger reps bring more to the job for less because older reps bring "no value". The first thing any rep attempts to do is build relationships. Older reps have already done that. I am not referring to those obnoxious reps who have continued to push their way into offices and ruined the rep role, but those who have built solid relationships and friendships. Companies used to value that. You are correct in leveling the information content to federal restrictions. However, the understanding of use of products and understanding of disease states are increased with experience. Age is just a number. Experience was once valued. Now age is used as a disqualifier, and long term experience is any amount of time over two years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Younger, less savvy reps are the bain of most offices considering they comment how the younger guy/gal doesn't know when they should leave or come back at a better time, they show less appreciation for the time they get and expect the office to bow to their needs. Unfortunately, the damage was done over the past 10-15 years when most of the companies jammed multiple reps into a territory to maximize share of voice and the end result was alienation of the practices. Many vets who were calling on those offices before the full court press ended up bailing out by the time the dust had settled. As a 25 year vet with different companies, being valued by an clinician for being respectful of their time, bringing value to their practice and knowing when not to hang around waiting to see someone does outweigh being rude, arrogant and obnoxious, which many younger managers push their hires to be.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot On!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS is so OLDDDDD. The reps at this company are the laughing stock of the industry. If you're in your 30's here you are practically young enough to be a grandchild of the geezers that work here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offices value looks. Eye candy if you will. Male or female. If you're over 50 you need to go. You're making us look bad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS hires folks with work ethic. Ya heard?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? I think your timeline is a little off, unless you're having kids at 13. Invest a dollar and buy a clue, ingrate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen some pretty ugly 25 year olds, too! Even at 57 I could still kick your butt in a foot race, so you'd have to catch up just so I could make you look bad, ingrate.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My grandkid can beat your grandkid

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't got any and neither do you, smart ass.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The kids at Bristol are sharp as a thistle, when they do the Bristol Stomp.
    Really somethin' when the joint is jumpin, when they do the Bristol Stomp."

The Dovells, circa; 1968

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Que pasa? Yo bro. We need more honeys!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The voice of wisdom! Too bad pharma hasn't realized this in the past 15 yrs. now it's too late.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ingrate? LOLZ. What are you, one hundred? Why don't you waddle over to the soda fountain and fetch me a chocolate malt Johnny? BMS is ancient.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They toned down POA's so there's less risk of sending the elders to the hospital with a TIA. So old. So freaking old. 50 and up needs to move on.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As someone who is way younger than 50, don't speak for me you idiot. I would prefer to be around a 50+ rep any day than a douchbag rep like you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

55 and I have forgotten more than you will ever know. I and people like me, helped build this company.....and pharma, to what it once was before little twirps like you gfdegraded it into what it is today. POA's aren't parties for overgrown frat boys who never gore up, they are/should be professional, dignified events vs. a drunken brawl with some burned out druggie shouting what you call music.
    You'll no doubt be gone in a year or two and another clueless, immature, selfish moron will take your place, further demolishing this one great industry and profession.
    I hope for your sake that you grow up before it's too late.