I have an oncology interview

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Immuno oncology position selling for lung cancer. How is this division? I'm in a good place now, but it might be a good time to jump. Good place to be?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bms is no good place to jump to. Stay where you are, or find better than BMS

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

run like the wind. you don't want to be here

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you like being meticed to death on reach and frequency, come on aboard!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I RUN INTO MY OWN BMS REPS MORE THAN OTHER COMPANIE'S REPS. TOO FUNNY. AT LEAST WE ARE WORKING, LOL.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know people post a lot of snarky responses to people who ask questions about the job from existing employees. The meanness is unreal. No wonder you are miserable people. I am considering coming here for oncology as well. I came to this board to ask the current employees how they feel. These are not hiring questions to ask the screening person or the one to hire you. It's nice to get a feel for the salary, bennies, micromanaging from the boots on the ground. Can't someone man up and give an honest answer without spewing bull? I would appreciate knowing these things. I'm not asking about car, but I would like to know vacation, shutdowns, salary range, things that seem petty in an interview making the hiring person think you really don't want the job or are just fishing around. Please, can someone, preferably a positive person, answer some of these questions? I have a good gig too, but wanted to get into oncology. Thanks to whomever takes this seriously. I have an interview next week.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man up and do research appropriately - network. Don't post to an anonymous chat board and expect anything but bullshit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am with the above post. there is an expansion and a few have questions about the perks but most importantly is it worth the jump with the set up. perks aside is it dependent on your location and team to enjoy the job at bms? no one wants to leave a good job and then regret the decision. please some one help some interviewees out….

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never worked for a more supportive organization. You will be able to make critical decisions to drive the business in your territory. Leadership responds well to clearly thought-out solutions to address customer needs. If this is the environment you are looking for, come ready to compete and win!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is sarcasm at its best. However, I don't think BMS is much different from most companies anymore. Pretty much no matter what company you work for, it's a 'check the box' mentality all about metrics and very little else. The people who work in the oncology division likes to think that the division and its reps are better than the others within BMS but in reality, they aren't. Other than a more robust pipleline, there is no real difference in any of the divisions (and with so many onc. reps in the same territory they are literally running into each other on territory with the worst access of any of the divisions). End of story.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch out for girl Bobbie she will husk your ears

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what kind of car do onc reps drive? would be a nice to know...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview for oncology as well. I am looking to leave a company that has metrics up the wazoo but I understand that bms may be the same in that regard. I would like to know what the current employees think about the oncology expansion and the product. Is it on par with competitors? Is it covered by managed care? Like the original poster I know what the recruiter is going to say - it is peers I would like to hear from. Serious responses appreciated.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally like it here. However, it is getting harder to coordinate with rest of the matrix. Access is rough, making it very important to set up lunches. With 4 POD mates it can be challenging. This is not for everyone! You have to be willing and able to work with 4 others in your territory. 5 in one geography is a bit much, but some of our competitors have more.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are stupid. Go away

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok...so what kind of car option?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yugo, Beetle, or Dart. Answered. Now FO and get lost. In that order.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious? Five reps in a territory now?? That is not normal! That's crazy! I have one mirror now as an Oncology Rep. I would never want to have 5 in one geography. Accounts will start closing the doors to this share of voice crap.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Onc has the worst access of all the divisions of the company already.