It's really not that bad here

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For what I earn here, I would not come close to that money in most other jobs. Maybe with my own business, but that takes over your life.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is that bad if you work for the drunk bastard CJ

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

better not say too much more or else he will whine and start crying to have this post pulled!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out of all the pharma companies I've worked for, BMS was the one culture in which nobody seemed interested in getting anything done. Instead, it was a culture where mediocrity was the rule and everyone played the game of trying to look busy so they could keep their jobs. You're perfect for BMS and you'll have a long career there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, I have worked at other pharma co's, BMS employees are more concerned about CYA, than any other company. Mediocrity at the upper management levels is the rule, not the exception.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is wrong with mediocrity? People always whine about mediocrity, but mediocrity equals stability. I just want to be able to work, have a little fun, make money, and take care of my family.

Go to another company with rank-and-yank policies if you want to compete like lions in the jungle for a job. If working hard and watching your back every second is what you think work is about then leave.

Personally I am too old for all of that stress. It is stupid anyway because if you are not in upper management, your hard doesn't mean anything anyway. You can only get ahead by being a brownnoser, not by selling more product. That is the perfect environment for people too young or too stupid to know any better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. If you work around the clock here vs less than 40 hours a week, the difference in bonus is about 7-15%, simply not worth giving up your life for a few thousand more dollars. I work enough to stay ahead of most of my district, not hard since most suck at this job. Keep below the radar, make $125k+ with bonus. Easy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I always tell my kids to strive for mediocrity in life. LOL. Each day that I leave my house, my wife kisses me goodbye and says "get out there and be average". Do you realize what a loser you are? You're surrounded by losers so you've come to accept it.

"too old for all that stress".......I think we can all picture the average BMS rep saying this. Thanks for the laugh and making my point for me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't get it. This job can easily be done in 1/2 the time of a full work day with better results than most reps get in a full day, because most reps are ineffective. Working 1/2 the day for BMS and devoting the other half to building a side business, engaging in family matters like kid's school, etc is a balanced life. The reps who don't know what they are doing, but putting in 10 hour days are the mediocre ones. I am paid well and I make BMS a lot of profit - the trade off is I get it done, then I accomplish more.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post on here in months, right on the nail and so true.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always remember:
    "The kids at Bristol are sharp as a pistol, when they do the Bristol Stomp!
    It's really somethin' when the joint is jumpin', when they do The Bristol Stomp.
    It started at Bristol, at a DJ hop- they holler and whistle, never want to stop.
    And here's the latest, it's a crazy sight to see!" Oh yeah!

The Dovells- circa 1968.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are mediocre.

You put in a lot of time at work while your family resents you for not being there. You aren't earning that much more to justify working over 25 hours a week. Losers always want others to work hard and complain like them. Nope. I smartened up and learned to do less for the same amongst of money. You go the extra mile. I'll be at the pool with a margarita.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%......now turn over, it looks like you're getting sunburned.......now where's that salt?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mediocrity at work doesn't translate into mediocrity in the rest of life. I work here to pay my bills, not save humanity.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're so clueless that its funny. You keep telling yourself that BS. LOL. I understand you completely. You're why I left BMS.

It's always humorous when someone mediocre tries to justify their lack of drive and competitiveness with "I make BMS a profit"....too freakin' funny. You deliver food and samples every day. We both know that a monkey can do the job. But you just keep telling yourself how valuable you are to BMS........LOL.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some monkeys do the job better than others.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if a monkey can do the job?

I am doing the job and getting a paycheck. Everyone knows Pharma sales is easy. I just drop off food and samples. No shame in my game. I could be robbing people for a living.

This isn't the Olympics. It's Pharma sales, which isn't even a real sales job. Why do some people feel a need to "compete" in a non-competitive job? Those people are the real losers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No argument on that job description. Sounds like you feel like you're "getting over" doing as little as possible. To each their own.

Since you're a pretty typical pharma rep (especially at BMS), let's predict your future. By the way, if this sounds very familiar it's because you've read it on this board 5000 times before. But this only happens to other people.....LOL.

You skate along for 8-12 years. You're really getting over because you're only working 20 hours a week and "they don't know it". What a gig! Suddenly and unexpectedly, you get downsized. How could they do that to you? Don't they realize all the "relationships" they're losing? You start to interview and "surprisingly" (at least to you), nobody is interested in hiring you. It seems that people outside the industry think poorly of pharma reps. How did they come to that conclusion? You're angry because nobody is willing to pay you six figures to deliver food and fill sample closets. But you'll show them. You'll go on cafepharma and tell the world how they did you wrong. You bounce from hospice jobs to inventiv contracts hoping to get another good gig. You're now 45-50 years old and can't even get a decent job interview.

You're not the first and you won't be the last to think that you're getting over and nobody else realizes it. There's a reason that when you go to a district meeting that the people around you seem to be getting younger and younger.

Enjoy the easy ride for as long as it lasts if that's what your into. Don't do anything to better yourself or increase your skills. Just do us all a favor and don't come on this board in a few years whining when the gig ends and you're angry that nobody takes you seriously. Remember, we've heard it all before. Good luck!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much sums it up. Couldn't agree more.