CMF Bone Stim - base salary? total comp?

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2011 at 9:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone on here able to tell me base salary and total comp for CMF bone stim reps? Not sure I want into this but an ortho MD friend says they make great $$$!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CMF Bone Stim is the least popular on the market due to it's lowest overall efficacy.

Our area can't keep CMF reps because they are outsold by Exogen and Orthofix, primarily.

Just sayin....you will beat your head against the wall doing this job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

highest turn over in the bone stim market....product has least efficacy and there are papers out to prove it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first off...who ever put that they are the least successfull bone stim is clearly an idiot. Id like to see Exogens or Orthofix results on patient with fractures over 29 months old. These blanket statements rely on the listener to ask no further questions. CMF base salary is low, but, best product on the market.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best on the market? Another statement that relies on the listener to ask no further questions. Best heal rate? NO. Shortest wear time? NO. Acceleration of fresh fractures? NO. I have no idea about DJ's compensation. I do know S&N's compensation and it sucks with the 18% bad debt off the top of your sales. So maybe DJ is the best product to sell regarding compensation but the best product on the market, I think everyone knows that answer. Either way selling stim sucks in general given today's climate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can have all the 29 month old fractures in my territory and I'll keep all the fresh fractures and the nonunions that get to 90 days out. Now go sell that piece of crap with a 60% heal rate.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goodness....if you are waiting on 29 month old fractures your not very successful and you have some pretty bad surgeons......lol!
    CMF "best product on the market"? Keep drinking your company kool aid.....all the literature says it's not even worth using.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed for a position and was told my base would be $43k. I did decline the offer bc they shrunk the territory.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely the best product on the market! Granted, the scientist that did the study (not retrospective by the way) did not shape it around a fresh fracture climate. But for all you exogen reps out there, dont be such a$$holes on these posts. You drink your koolaid and i will drink mine. I have read every study that's been published on these, and the truth is they all work. Some take longer than others. But NO study was done on the same population mix, and none were head to head. If DJO can heal the worst fractures (yes ones that are 29 months old). We can certainly heal fractures that are 3 months old. Any doctor that gets exited about 80% success rates on a retrospective study is not a doctor that I would ever choose to treat any one I ever cared about.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha- it's so fun to sell against this sucky stim with only one study. And another study saying it doesn't work. You can say whatever you want- and you do-but it all catches up to you because the science and evidence is not there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And of course you would choose a surgeon to treat your loved one who would prescribe the bone stim with the lowest heal rate and efficacy out of any such device?
    Other stims have efficacy with old fractures- the mean age in one of the Exogen non-union studies was 39 months. Your company just didn't show you that one in your 3-day training class.

And why do doctors prescribe your device? Because you go in there and show them how to do illegal buy-and-bill systems so they make some major money prescribing your device. Wine and dine the DME coordinators and show them how to bill directly?
    Let's see, a doctor or clinic who prescribes a device with much lower efficacy because they can make a lot of money off of it? Hmm.. doesn't sound like a doctor I would want to use

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smart move since that would be about all you'd make. CMF is third rate in the stimulation market. Its like rooting for your favorite team to miss the playoffs. Why would you want to sell for a company that cant keep up with technology. I know all the CMF sales people are going to comment on this but seriously show me more then 1 study that shows your effectiveness... then show me your average time to heal... then try and tell me how PEMF and ultrasound aren't as effective... ill be waiting patiently for your responses. And no I didn't drink the coolaid, i read the studies

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you read the studies you would see that PEMF 30 year old dinosaur doesn't work either.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i did read the studies, average time to heal was 112 days when worn 10hrs a day. 170 days at 3 hours per day. What is CMF's average time to heal? Oh wait it hasnt healed anyone so the jury is still out on that one...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"More than 1 Study? Here is 3
    Beigler D, et al. Multicenter Nonunion Clinical Investigation of the CMF OL1000 Bone Growth Stimulator. White Paper. 1994. [PDF - 4MB]
    Linovitz, et al. Combined Magnetic Fields Accelerate and Increase Spine Fusion: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Study. Spine. July 2002;27:13:1383-1388. [Available Online]
    Longo JA. Successful Treatment of Recalcitrant Nonunions With Combined Magnetic Field Stimulation. Ortho Surg (Surgical Technology International VI). 2000:397-403

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can you state "least" efficacy when there has never been a head to head study?....Exogen reps have least amount of market knowledge.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the Emami study that shows the placebo group with a better heal rate than the patients with Exogen devices?...And as far as training, that revolving door over at exogen must be like a fan

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look- wake up. You have ONE study which shows 60% success.

Best of luck explaining to your DME coordinators why they are being contacted by the DOJ over the buy-and-bill program you set up with them, and why BCBS et al are asking for ( well maybe more correctly simply taking) money back when they find out that the office only pays $1600 for your unit and bills insurance for $3000+. Good luck on your trip to DC as well. let us know how that goes for you.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why is there no abstract when you google this study? Can you provide a PDF of it?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT A BUNCH OF F-ING MORONS
    SINCE WHEN DOES SCIENCE SELL??
    HEAL RATES FOR ALL THE MARKETED BONE STIMS IN THE USA ARE BASICALLY THE SAME
    SO WTF ----- ITS ABOUT CONVENIENCE YOU MORONS
    WHY DO I WANT TO WEAR 1 FOR TEN HOURS??????????
    OR 3-5 HOURS????????
    OR HAVE DIRECT SKIN CONTACT AND MESSY GEL????

BLAH BLAH BLAH