TITAN

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I were Intuitive I would buy this company before another competitor gets a hold of it. Control your own destiny instead of driving down your own stock price when Titan comes to market.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHY?! Why waste money? ISI already has single port technology far beyond that of Titan's so called SPORT and far ahead in development. I give it a year and Titan will be a history.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a fool if you think Intuitive will continue with their monopoly. The last I checked, Intuitive did very well with hospitals but never went after surgery centers, ambulatory care centers. I encourage you to read more about Titan and not drink soo much of the Intuitive juice. Titan will be here soon and they will be very successful.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the last post ISRG will not be the only game in town. Accept the fact that if isrg does not buy Titan possibly a bigger fish like Johnson and Johnson etc will. Last time I checked hospitals will want to buy something that is cheaper and has better software than isrg single port system. Good luck isrg lover. The run is over and move over for a new mover and shaker

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new single port robot was only FDA approved for pyeloplasty. I guess that's your definition of being far ahead in development. I guess they are praying someone figures out how to use that thing since they couldn't.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait let me see, who else has a dedicated robotic system for single port surgery approved by FDA other than ISI? Answer is........no one! Yes, that makes ISI far ahead of everyone else. Besides, he said give it a year. I have no doubt ISI will have FDA approval for other indications. I see Titan train running out of track and going over the cliff.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either way. I'm holding on to that titan stock like a fat kid on cake

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct that ISRG is FDA approved. Wait to you see how hard it will be to sell against something that will get approved, can do the same thing and cost a fraction of your monster, room eating robot. Name an industry or two that doesn't have competition. Titan will be here soon enough and you will see your market share go down.

If I were ISRG, I would be worried that they didn't infringe on Titans patents. Titan bought the technology from Columbia University and it's been worked on for quite some time.

It's not too late to get on the Titan train!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come back when Titan has obtained FDA approval and one step closer to marketing you robot until then your words carries no weight. It's a pipe dream!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love me some cake. Friggin' starving over here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself: Many, many surgeons have this same feeling! Your monopoly will soon end.

"Having participated in more Davinci surgeries than I care to think about from the other side of the screen I do believe in TITAN's product. I'm also not sure why the vitriol for Intuitive. What the market will show is that there will be room for both products for different reasons. I have investments in both at what I believe to have been the right times.

The big hospitals who have already invested in Davinci will continue to buy peripherals and update what they have. It seems foolish to trash an already existing and expensive platform that has already been paid for. On the other hand the next generation (TITAN) will be coming out in due time with what appears to be an outstanding and competitive product available for smaller hospitals who couldn't afford capital budget expenditures to cover Intuitive. Those who have Davinci will keep it and possibly also buy the SPORT. I think TITAN will erode Intuitive's monopoly for all the reasons all of us are aware of.

If you believe in this product be patient and don't let others rattle your chain. Long and strong for both companies. It's the future of surgery."

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I'm not mistaken, ISRG was a pink stock before they went public. If you asked any surgeon about robotic surgery back then, they would have probably said don't need it and no thanks!! ISRG opened up at 14.00 back in 2000. Look at it now.. Has intuitive done a good job with the DaVinci? Absolutely! However, Look at the graves and coffins that followed. Many a good rep left this micro managing bullshit company. Head Hunters have piles of DaVinci reps looking for jobs. I feel sorry for the guys who built this company to what it is only to get crapped on and micro managed. Hospitals are begging for an alternative.. Soon that will be Titan.

Mark my words.. You will eat your words about this Canadian company. Its a 2.00 stock right now for obvious reasons. May 21st is their annual shareholders meeting. I'm convinced they will be announcing Tissue testing results as well as Alpha Prototype completion for future 510k approval.

You guys paved the way for others.. All the hard work was done by the guys you crapped on and now have left. Your patents are coming to a close and MIS will be a hit like in many other industries. Getting 510k approval won't be as hard as you think since you did all the work. Lots of thought has gone into Titan Sport as you will soon learn. Technology and software that ISRG will wish they thought of.

Best regards and enjoy the ISRG cool aide while it lasts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it's kool aid.

And if you are implying that the software/hardware engineers at titan medical are in any way superior to the team that intuitive has built, you're drinking something a lot stronger.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep it's Kool aide. Autocorrect. What makes you think that Intuitive engineers are that great? You only know one company and that's the one you work for.. Wake the hell up!! Intuitive is not the premiere outfit as you see it. Secondly, Titan knows what your weaknesses are and will go after it. Wake up!! Read the articles printed by others.. Research Dr. Dennis Fowler and IREP. Wake up!! Intuitive did do a great job for many years. There is room for more than one.

Engineers don't sell your product. Engineers aren't pissing off the hospitals. Engineers aren't the ones looking for new jobs... It's everyone else.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's got a point. Stock down 20%, shit ton of turnover. Missed earnings, procedures down and now competition coming.. Intuitive is on a down trend. It's the ultimate short.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think I'm only familiar with one company? How many patents does Titan hold now? 6? 8? I actually think it might be 7. Impressive collection for a premier engineering staff. Titan is spending $5.5M a year in research and development. ISI spends $40M a quarter. You know what that money buys? Superior engineering talent and the means to create amazing technology. wake up!

There will be competition in the market - it just won't come from Canada. ISI is so far ahead of Titan it is ridiculous. And if you think ISI couldn't manufacture a <$1M robot as per Titan's plans (plans should be underlined), you are completely kidding yourself. Wake up!

Your stock portfolio is clouding your judgement, and you would be wise to view Titan with a more critical eye. They're a bug on the windshield and might have been relevant if they would have entered the market 5-7 years ago.

Wake up ass wipe!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Titan isn't spending 40 million a quarter right now. Intuitive didn't spend that when they started either. It's a process. Titan is going to come to market and they will impact Intuitives monopoly.

My investment in Titan is a risk. It's a risk worth taking. Think of all the people that got in Intuitive on the ground floor...they took a chance. They took a chance on a company that had dreams of revolutionizing surgery. Titan thanks you for that and all the other companies that will come out thereafter.

You can say whatever you want about engineering, patents, money spent but there will be other companies that come to market. Intuitive paved the way for others and the other companies don't have to spend near as much as what Intuitive did. Everyone now knows about robotics. The process doesn't have to be taught all over again. Titan and others will capitalize where Intuitive has failed. There is a laundry list of where Intuitive has failed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Titan isn't gluing a robot together and releasing it to use with ONE procedure. Some companies actually believe in testing and putting out a product that isn't a prototype.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Refer to the following link;

http://www.mdtmag.com/articles/2014/04/drawing-board-or-part-ii?cmpid=related_content

Competition is inevitable and Titan has strengthened my optimism and their credibility by achieving every milestone to date. The introduction of a new platform in the robotic space offers a unique opportunity to prospective investors - don't be short sighted.

To the keyboard cowboy who acknowledges competition is eminent, however "it just won't come from Canada" - well, you are clearly ignorant. Do your due diligence and review Titan's management team, medical advisors, and top tier hospital partners - most of which are located right here in the US of A.

Do I believe Titan is going to overthrow ISI? Nope. However, I am confident hospital administrators/surgeons will welcome Titan with open arms if/when they come to market. This will potentially be the biggest robotic catalyst since the release of DaVinci. Me and my 70k shares of TITX will see you and your ego in the back half of 2015. Good Luck...

20. You are an idiot. You might make some money trading the stock, but titan will never be a legitimate player.