Are the rumors true?

Discussion in 'Karl Storz' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 9:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, should we all be looking for new jobs?!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes Storz is being sold to j&j . You heard it here first.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, yeah! That would be great but I heard it was Hologic! Heard that here first!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get out of the field . The big $ days are over . Soon contracts will be discounted even more with no rep support . Service reps will soon be only reps in the or. Ether get into management
    or get out .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

supposedly more layoffs coming. the reason i say more - many of the sales and marketing ppl who have left this year have been given an ultimatum to do so. most of them technically QUIT. then leadership can stand on a stage and continue to pontificate about how KS doesn't ever reduce staff or lay people off. well, when you don't replace positions after people leave, that is in effect, a soft layoff. there aren't enough resources internally to run effective marketing programs. and the continued segmentation of the salesforce isn't working.

if we are sold, i hope the buyer knows they are shopping in the discount bin.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what rumors?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hologic - is that sarcasm?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the latest thing i have heard is that JL is out, BW taking over all of sales and operations. CW is letting JL be his fall guy, in spite of their history. not sure if CS is still being groomed - seems he has somehow fallen from grace in the boys club.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no! The rats will definitely be jumping now!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fall guy for what? The company is back on track in a very tough economy. Should finish the year strong. BW and CS group is the one really struggling.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

time will tell. tic toc

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wise is driving the ship now! He and his minions have the sold a bill of goods to CW. The segmentation will continue until all the territories are $80-100k. Precisely what Mrs.Storz wants as then everyone will be expendable. If CW had a clue as to how many of his tenured top performers were looking to get out and move on he would be shocked. By the time he figures it out it will be too late and he may be a fall guy as well. Mark it down, the emerging markets group holds all the power now.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ms. Storz will never sell the company as long as she is alive, Karl Christian will in a heart beat, the plan was to completely eliminate the OR1 service group and Ms. Storz said no, she did not want layoffs, say what you want but she does attempt to keep employment up, money is not her major driver its legacy, JL is the designated fall guy, the axe will fall, BW is a dumbass, remember the US is only 50% of her revenues (and shrinking) and she makes decisions globally, was a great place to work, many years ago,

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OR1 service group? Who would service the OR1 accounts if they did that?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Are the rumors true? Yes

CS is the man! Look what he has done! He has grown the segment tremendously! Look for him to be the new VP of sales real soon.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CS and BW? There are some huge names on the verge of leaving. Those two are a big part of the reason as they have fooled cw into thinking their segment is more valuable than the others. Look for those resignations to happen very soon. CW needs to wake up and smell the coffee it he will be left with a bunch of flunkies as sales reps.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The OR1 service group? Who would service the OR1 accounts if they did that?"

There are numerous companies that do this, Stryker does not have an in-house service group.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Are the rumors true? Yes

Great post CS. You have no idea what it takes to lead. None of your reps respect you, trust you and believe you. Everyone laughs at you behind your back as you have no clue how to run a division. You are a complete joke.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they are! They are not rumors anymore but fact. The recent rash of resignations of top talent is just the beginning. Many more interviewing and some
    are just waiting on drug screens and background checks to clear. Look for 15%+ turnover in the core/surgical group this year. Quickly on the way to Stryker type turnover except this time the employees are leaving the company vs the
    other way around with Stryker.

Deepthroat

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Are the rumors true? Key sales people are bailing in record #'s

Deepthroat,

I did some checking and found what you alluded to is correct. I also, heard that management and the culture has changed so much that they don't seem to care about all the dissatisfaction and disillusionment within the ranks. How many more do you expect to leave and when the next few big names bail dont you think it will grab CW's attention. I would think that managment cant afford to have too many big hitters leave and take business with them and still meet their objectives. I find it hard to believe that Wise's group has brought in enough business to offset the loss of several of the company's whale sales reps. I am trying to decide whether to pursue some recent opportunities from other endoscopy companies and could use your insight.