Challenger Sales Model

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's back! It will be discussed on teleconference today. We will then be sent to Dallas for a couple days of training and roll playing. We are officially following a pharmaceutical sales model.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

W.T.F.

Does this company realize that taking the sales force out of the field for 2-3 days will shut down production? How about a few hour long webinars and training modules to do on our own time? Pharma companies can take a week off and not see a dip in sales, hell their sales would probably go up since they are not bothering their prescribers.
    Is my quota going to be lowered that period since I am being taken out if the field for 3 days? Are we trying to justify certain jobs and roles in the company with these activities? Sheez!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus now with Mobility, we will be on our computers even more. We already do data entry. Will call logging be next, more reports?? I left pharma for a reason and I am not going back!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greetings and welcome to our latest in a long line of conference calls to discuss how we at corporate validate our existence. Be ready for E3!! Yes less than a year ago it was called the challenger sales model. And before that synergy. We all know where the person is who selected this winner. (Happy trails NM). We at corporate realize you've been selling the same products to the same doctors with the same studies FOREVER. But remember, we at corporate have never sold your products for even one day so we need to know to whom you sell. Yes we could get this information from our databases but that makes sense. Like hiring from within and promoting existing employees. We'll forget that. So , for us at corporate to monitor your activities , because all we know and understand is monitoring activity, means here comes mobility. In order to get you to buy in, we are establishing a meeting for us to watch you roll play. We are committed to taking you out of the field at the start of P3. Only by roll playing can we truly beat down any last self respect or love of the company. We are determined to this tract. Oh , in case you forgot, baseball, basketball, let's be a team. Remember there is no I in team, but there is a ME. As for computers, let's discuss the colors and size and it's shape. Wow I can't believe they pay me for this. Oops did I just say that out loud. Ouch my head hurts. Questions?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

of course it will do no good here but I second the idea for online training and web sessions. that is three days of lost income for someone who has no base salary. if we were ( I realize some of us are in part) salaried employees, I would have no problem with it. the common sense around here seems to be lacking these days

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your company continues to tell the message why a sales force in 2014 needs CRM. The idea of having potential rep turn-over secures business so that a new hire can work the account "in-stride". This will help you in the field to be efficient, etc...Have you ever considered the following: Your spin-off biologics company was heavily invested in for a reason. A buyer wants all of the customer content. Your CRM has been built to communicate identically to the CRM of the company purchasing your assets. Their sales force will hit a button and immediately be equipped with all of your sales data, relationships, office hours, history etc. You will receive a pink slip. This is business. You are essentially being asked to shovel your own hole. Forewarned.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think I like the above post very much.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part of this is true: the purpose of instituting a CRM is for potential buys to see our cumstomer base etc... What's not true or not in short term is the pink slip. Even if the company was sold tomorrow which will not happen we have a long time before it hits is. Some day when it's sold there certainly is a possibility of losing jobs but that's 3-5 years away.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One would have about six months to a year after announced buyer. Not 3-5.
    But major problem with a " stuck career".
    Company does disservice to its hard working, talented pool of employees.
    No advanced training to learn other skills.

Time to go.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No my point was we have 3-5 overall from when we will be purchased to when we would see an impact. This company will not be sold in the near future.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our business model has always been, "salespeople, run your territory like its your own business. And we did. We controlled our customers and information. In doing so, we developed relationships with our doctors, but also kept the company in the dark as to how we sold our products. Reps did this so we could not be easily replaced. A rep on straight commission has no bargaining chip with the company other than his/her relationships with the dr. A CRM system, aims at providing information to the company on how we do our business in the territory and takes away the balance / give and take a straight commission reps enjoys in order to keep their job.
    I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over the company creating an inside sales force. Gee, they would find our information useful.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Somebody may want us for the pipeline and it might be sooner than you think. Also, Exogen is still a cash cow.
    One never knows what goes on behind closed meetings.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see 1 day to travel, 2 days of meeting and another travel day. About a week out of the field at 4 untits closed per day. I'm going to lose 7 grande on this BS!
    I guess somebody blew the budget on this training course and now they have to justify it.
    Well, they are best off just nixxing it, because taking the reps out of the field is even more expensive than the Program. The costs out of the field do not justify the costs of what "Challenger Selling" cost!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Challenger Sale fits Capitol Sales not Exogen and Supartz.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would help Ultrasound Imaging Sales is if we had some hospital contracts.
    Almost all of my practices are owned by hospitals or bundled with them.
    Challenge Selling won't help that. Challenge Selling does not match our products. Just chalk it up for a loss and let the sales force stay in the field, selling.

You can teach the new reps "challenge selling" and utilize next years meeting to role play the entire sales force. Do NOT take us out of the field during the peak months.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've yet to hear about a meeting. What is the source of this?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol
    If you're serious you may want to doublecheck to see if you're still employed here. Otherwise I hope things are going well down in the basement with your red stapler.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on here. Whoever that is is clearly mumbling about the stapler.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be one of the very few 1099 reps that doesn't read emails, take training or listen to conference calls. Probally won't have to go to the meeting either.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm...G.E. does not even close 4 unites per day. You claim that you earn $7,000 in 4 days. If that were the case you make $455,000 per year. I think you are stretching the truth a bit.