LTD

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the current plan, I can't find my policy anywhere. Is it 60% or 70%? Also, does anyone have a friend or colleague that used it? Does the insurance company harass you?

I'm late 40's and just got diagnosed with a condition that will make driving virtually impossible. The irony is I actually want to work but afraid I won't be able to for much longer. Any help is appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LTD insurance is an option you can sign up for when you renew your insurance every year. I think you can sign up for 50 or 60%. (not positive on that) Because it is optional you have to pay for the benefit. If you did not sign up for it you wont have it as an option. If you did, go to HR Source and pull up your benefit elections and it will tell you. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My understanding is that LTD is very hard to get. Just because you can't drive doesn't mean you are eligible for LTD. Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I def signed up for it. You're right there's more to it than just driving. It's just that if the diagnosis gets out I'll lose my license. I expect a long process and dread it. I'm going to put it off as long as possible.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good Luck. I know a rep who was canned when she came back from LTD. She was prescribed Chantix and was on an anti-depressant. Major side effects that made her act crazy. Sad situation.

Just be careful

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are required to take short-term disability before you can apply to receive long-term disability. If your a Pfizer employee, you know there is information regarding it on hrSource. You could also google it from the internet if you really wanted to know what it takes to receive LTD. Maybe that is too captain obvious for some people.