Acell help or hindrance to healing?

Discussion in 'ACell' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had acell used on myself in 2009. The doctor informed me it would provide less scar tissue, unfortunately it did the opposite and created a large mass of white scar tissue.

Does anyone know of others that this happened to? and if so how did they resolve this issue

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure why you are posting to this site. This is a site for professionals looking to make career decisions. 2009? Hmm. Acell was only being used in possibly three facilities nationwide if even that for about two months.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was looking for feedback, so thanks for providing it. It is interesting to learn that two or three facilities only were using it back then.

I am now aware that it was not FDA approved back then, when it was used on me, which I find rather strange? I think the correct term would be `off label`.

I was not aware of any of this and was not in anyway informed of this by the doctor.

Regards

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 510(k) clearances from FDA are all available on the FDA's website. Do some research and educate yourself.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does that make it right? How about I send you some pictures of the position I was left in?

Some sales dude made a buck great! But it is a bit rich to say this site is for ` professionals` lets be honest about it. its sales at the end of the day and who pays the most commission!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should seek out a dermatologist and get a compounding cream for scaring.

I resent that you are bashing medical sales reps because you had an issue with a surgery outcome. We provide the tools for surgeons, they are the ones with MD next to their name. Yes things are used "off label" and typically it is to better the patients outcomes. Question for you... Did your wound heal? Perhaps you should be happy that you are not dealing with a chronic wound for years on end. Or worse, you could be stuck in a wound center doing hyperbaric oxygen for months on end with no improvement with debridements every week. Count your blessing, cause I have seen the worst of the worst wounds and watched patients die. Many patients loose limbs and some loose their lives. This is not the forum for you to fish for a malpractice suit or for you to judge what we do for a living as you obviously have no clue. I have no sympathy for you sir.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry you had to go through that sir. No respectable Doc uses Acell because it doesn't have any studies to prove efficacy. Thats why this companies national sales meetings are littered with doctors who don't have a reputation to protect. Its disgraceful to the medical community.

Acell doesn't implement storage policies for their tissues so its VERY possible the tissue was compromised/defective when used and caused an adverse reaction. Good luck seeing legal action.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whoever wrote this should be embarrassed, sounds like an extreme narcissist or sociopath. First of all, the patient didn't describe what kind of wound he might have had. He might be a healthy guy who had a traumatic wound, not a diabetic ulcer and or a trail of comorbidities. In which case, amputation and hyperbaric oxygen wouldn't even be in the scope of his healing treatments. So stop while your ahead with your "I have no sympathy for you sir." Thats some serious karma you are creating for yourself.

Obviously the person replying to your posts shouldn't be in the healing industry since he could care less about people healing.

I would suggest changing doctors immediately since you are with a doctor who doesn't understand the importance of studies. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who specializes in scar revision so he can help you with this abscess.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all are a bunch of morons. That is not a patient seeking information or wanting to tell their story. Its a lame attempt by a competitive rep to stir the pot and see what comes up. Stick to your company's page and kick the garbage up there. from what I hear you are about to have a mass exodus.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. These posts are getting so ridiculous. Fake posts from a supposed investor, then a doctor, and now pretending to be a patient. Wow. Tell tale signs its the same person posting over and over on this site. Constantly bringing up the same BS. You need counseling. NO wait. Keep posting, you are entertaining us now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in the medical device field and one thing that really stood out is that not every MD or DO is a good surgeon or physician. That being said, if I do need to have surgery, I will reach out to the device company to learn more about the doc using it and their device. I don't see any issue with this person wanting to try and get some additional knowledge and here you have some people (want-to-be Professionals) calling them morons and belittling them.

To whomever said this is a site for professionals to learn more about companies, you are NOT a professional by any means. Try to offer insight and help the person rather than calling them a moron or idiot. At the end of the day, medical device jobs are to help doctors outcomes with their patients and not about the all mighty dollar that you crave.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're saying you still haven't found a job?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

section 5 ftc guidelines

.mislead customers

.affect customers decisions about a product or service

I think acells claims ( now removed) from company website fir the above

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My Dr mislead me, it affected my decision to proceed with the procedure, it psychically scarred my scalp, the corrective work is hugely expensive and ongoing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell us more. what was your condition? what was your doctor's name, where, when, Etc. ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Graftjacket RTM is superior.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Graft jacket. That's a riot. That Shi* has hair follicles in it!