Urology District Manager

Discussion in 'Cook' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run fast. Under paid, micromanaged, poor leadership.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there an expansion in this division? There are a bunch of jobs posted online. Any feedback?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlanta guy left for another med company, not on the Uro side I believe.
    He had a good reputation and has some product in a decent number of hospitals. The downside is that Cook is the low price guy - as soon as Bard or BSX decide they want the business of a certain Cook hospital they can drop their number and get it, IMO. That's a precarious spot for a rep to be in, being the low-price guy.

Contracts on a much higher level run this side of the business. There will be some accounts you're locked out of since you're not part of the GPO contract which makes growth difficult. Most Dr's and OR Directors aren't willing to put up a fight with the MM for a uro stent or different holmium laser fiber. They're typically perceived as commodity products with no discernible differences, unfortunately.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(Just replied above) - Also forgot to mention. Pay is typically not great at Cook. I heard that base + commission is still under about $85k with Cook Uro. May be a decent stepping stone or an entry opportunity for you to see if you like this side of the business. I tried it and got out of it - Dr's were cool for the most part but it wasn't for me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bobby only hires women.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this position that bad? I had a phone screen and did well. Interview coming up and wondering if I shouldn't go. Serious feedback would be great.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have turned over nearly 100% of the sales force in the last few years. It's a sinking ship that sells strictly on price. You will be overworked and well underpaid. Don't go unless that's all you've got.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is realistic pay?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any info on position in Pennsylvania that's open?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was filled....now open YET AGAIN!?!

What does that tell you?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who does the ohio, pa, mich district managers report to for Urology?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter. The job sucks. Run away and don't look back.