HEARD HEADS ARE ROLLING AS WE SPEAK

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the lastest news at the trauma managers meeting happening now?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This quote is funny. I live in one of the largest metro areas in the US and have been doing ortho sales for 30 plus years. I wish this business was "rep-less" like when I started. The reps outnumber the surgeons now in my hospitals because of the sheer complexity of the implant business. The reps are the only ones that "have a handle" on the instruments and implants that go on in my market. Not the circulating nurses or the scrub techs. The reps are hired and fired on their service/knowledge BY THE SURGEON. That is how this business has evolved over the last 30 years and will continue for a long time. Cite CP land, my friend, a hospital that has gone "rep-less" and let's evaluate them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At how many hospitals do the surgeons have the ability to hire or fire anyone?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i believe the comment was about CMF going rep-less in 2 years because their 2 or 3 trays will be merged in with the 30 trays that make up trauma. When that happens there's no need for CMF only reps and they will be phased out. No one disputes trauma is complex and reps make a difference in a decent % of cases and the hours suck.

It seems the plan is to go to selling pods model with a hybrid team selling recon, trauma and CMF - smaller territories and managed income. Provide greater rep availability with lower overall expertise. Few customers will notice the change over if it's gradual.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One call to the RM or AVP and its off to McDonald's cooking fries.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you guys have got to accept reality. When the company was owned by HJW early in the history there was direction and accountability. We had a reputation and turnover was about 2%. Wyss knew in the 90's there would be a progression and an end. Nothing goes on forever. So he let RG create a culture that worked for a long time. Then expansion. From 120+ consultants to 700 in trauma. Synthes had peaked. Classic "buy low, sell high" and he got out with a payday for all time. Now JnJ calls the shots. Just another company that was sold. AND why?? to promote patient care??? To make money and that's all. So now you are part of a machine that you're just a cog. Interchangeable and replaceable as long as you are cheap. All JnJ cares about is cutting expenses and maximizing profit. THAT'S WHY THEY BOUGHT SYNTHES

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Half of synthes salads management getting axed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management goes first, then they go after the reps

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes mgt will get cut. And some Cmf, spine, and a select few trauma reps will be pushed out. Reps will not be let go in mass. Rathe forced out due to changes in pricing and bundling of bags. Looks like us Cmf guys will be let go first. Then some spine. For some reason the are letting the trauma reps go untouched.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any one know when cmf reps are gone?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JnJ took one look at the cost of sales for CMF who still get paid a salary plus a high commission and a subsidy on hand sales they have nothing to do with and knew it was an easy place to cut and restructure. There is also no future value in remaining a stand alone division with a small market size and declining prices and procedures. That is why they gutted the management team last week and will continue to reform and undo dumb decisions from the past that made no sense back then just as today. For example salaries will be replaced with company cars. They won't need to get rid of reps because highly comped reps will leave on their own when they realize the steep decline in income. Then JnJ can replace them with out of work Gen Y kids happy to get a job at a third of the pay. it actually makes good business sense.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WYSS SCREWED US....Thanks, Hans...He knew it, too.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude

HJW didn't owe you anything. It was his company and he could do whatever he wanted to do with it. I would have done the same thing. Oh and if you were in his shoes, so would you. Keep looking for justice. all you will find is just us

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Capitalism - how does it work??

Cry when the company is sold - bet you didn't cry when you were cashing your commission checks.

Stay on top of your game and events like that are like a speed bump in the road.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You Synthes veterans who have been with the company over ten years are the biggest bunch of p*ssies. You had a nice easy gig but it's over. Accept it or move on. What a bunch of whining little girls.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the pussies? The kiss ass J and J lifers who care more about protecting their pensions or the Synthes reps that spent the majority of their weekends in the OR? DePuy has no idea how to run a trauma company. Oh wait minute, maybe they do because they reminded me about a POR report again. RST possibly, but if they do, let's see how they respond after 10 years of weekend call.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be a capitalist. Just take your long term Synthes doc relations over to Stryker Trauma first. That way you won't be the last Synthes Man Standing with nothing to offer. Salvage what you have paid dearly for for years.

You Old Synthes guys may not be able to make it in a real sales job!!!!! Wow, if it wasn't for your hospital contracts in the past you may have lost the game sooner!

Ex Stryker Trauma here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One policy that has remained constant through the years is the commission plan. Once J&J starts hacking it down and reps begin to leave causing sales to tank, they will start making deals with individual reps to head off an exodus. Let the impatient reps leave for greener pastures and profit from it. Unfortunately over time having negotiable commission rates will contribute to the unraveling of a once proud institution that had it right for so long.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J hasn't negotiated in the past with other sales force acquisitions and I don't see why they would do so in this case, given the perceived marginalization of products and consultants.