Jamie - You have to do something

Discussion in 'Zoll Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jamie, if you read these boards and see this post then please - you have to do something.
    We know you care about the sales force but if you dont do something, then all your hard work will crumble.
    -The goals are unreasonable (2week increase will exceed potential)
    -Sales reps CANNOT control revenue (managed care plans that will not pay)
    -Over-expansion creating frustrations among representatives that got you to this point

I invite other field based reps to add to the list...

The problem is, demorilization do to a pressure cooker culture!
    control what we can control and we will be OK? - were not OK
    I have been a top performer and not missed many segments
    I have made a lot of money here at Zoll - but im at the end of the rope!
    I have had multiple "saves"
    I enjoy selling lifevest but the market is limited to the indications and data that we currently have.
    I am forced to put more pressure on my physicians, straining relationships for patients they will not protect.
    Lifevest is seasonal - goals need to reflect potential.

The truth is... you know all this and want to do something about it but you are like a Lame Duck VP.
    until SB and ML are gone... you have no say.
    WE NEED YOU TO PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE AND WALK INTO THIER OFFICES AND FIGHT FOR US!
    Be the man we think you are

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ML and JW are the ones that put the sales plan and theoretical objectives in place, and hired JP to 'execute'. The same performance and comp structure were in place before Jamie got here, as were others such as SB. He's just a puppet.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disclaimer: I HATE this place more then anything in the world, so take that into account when I say the following:

The structure in place will never change! From personal experience, Jamie is a good guy who does care however, he is as powerless to affect change as the TM's. ML, SB, and JW are heartless assholes and are fully in change! Jamie is merely a pawn in their game and was hired to be the "face of the sales organization" because ML saying "sales reps are a necessary evil" is not motivating.

The reason for the insane goals is simple; the window of opportunity for LifeVest is closing. When, and believe me it will be delayed as long as possible, the VEST trial data is published and it is less then impressive, the growth is DONE! At that point ML will axe all the field sales force, drop the price (~$1000 per month), and move to a distributer model!

Face it, there is NOTHING anyone can do to change the structure or culture of this shitty company...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the points in your post are spot on (unattainable quota, poor managed care coverage, fewer patients then perceived, etc...), but a few are just plain crazy!

First and foremost, thinking Jamie can do ANYTHING to change things at ZOLL LifeVest is ludicrous! From small jabs he takes at Marshal and Stan it is clear he don't agree with their approach (i.e. sales people have no value, aggressive goals, etc...). Why in the hell would he risk his own job to try and change circumstances that will NEVER change??? Marshal is content with a beyond poor, irreparable culture with constant turnover. And honestly, why wouldn't he be - the projected growth is happening...

Your suggestion that the reps that got the company to this point are frustrated is simply not true! Check your facts, 75% of the field sales force is BRAND NEW!

Also, I'll add that "save" is a VERY loose term at ZOLL, and with us controlling our own database we are not privy to the "real" save rate!

So to sum things up:

1. ZOLL LifeVest sucks both as a company and as a device.

2. Jamie is just as frustrated and screwed as the rest of us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great idea!

Did you hear that Jamie??? Tomorrow morning go into Marshal's office and commit career suicide for an untalented sales force that couldn't sell the LifeVest if it were a good device!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but I see this differently as well. Jamie is screwed, yes like everyone else. But he choses to reinforce the craziness. I don't think he is an effective leader. He is a nice guy and wants you to believe he is in your court but in fact he reinforces the idiotic goals and strategies that are going to eventually take Zoll down. He is an enabler not a good leader.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't say he was an effective leader, rather that he didn't agree with the approach, was screwed with the rest of us, and can't change anything! I would compare his circumstances to the spouse of an addict - they don't condone the behavior, but most times are powerless to stop it!

The bigger question is; if you were in his position/or offered a position such as his would you turn it down because you didn't want to be a "puppet"? If you say yes you are a f-ing liar! Example #1 is that you go out like a puppet everyday and pimp the LifeVest!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the real problem is JW. He's clearly a coward and this whole sales comp plan began with him. Gets fired at GDT, gets asked to move on at Medrad, finds a place that worships his BS in a start up. nuff said.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JW is a self important prick! My particular favorite is him writing an article and then giving it to the field to use as "proof" that the LifeVest "works". No conflict of interest there...

JW would be 2nd in line if I was given the choice to punch someone in the face! Marshal would of course be first!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop your whining dbag. JW is the only astute business savy person we have. He gets it. You criers couldn't sell a thing, and still cant. Move on, realize we have something that works here and management is your best hope at making money. Treat us with respect and maybe we'll throw you a bone. Now stop posting on CP and go earn your keep you cry baby!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did Zoll hire only one astute business savvy person? As someone originally looking at posted positions, this really does reflect bad management and hiring practices.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, they didn't! They actually hired a total of zero!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JW, I thought your lowest point was writing an article and giving it to the field as "proof" the LV works, but positing on Cafe Pharma is a new low...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO ONE here gets treated with respect!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you marketing. Way to diss the president, and VP of sales.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The vest trial is the final bomb. And Medtronic and BSCI have injectable defibrillators. Before I left Zoll for MDT my Ep's were done with the LV due to increasing difficulty in getting vests dispensed for their patients. Good luck to those at Zoll.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^^THIS!!! I've made all these points to my fellow TM's as to why we all need to RUN!!! There is a reason why the conclusion and publication date for the VEST trial keeps moving back!

Que The Doors:

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
    Of everything that stands, the end
    No safety or surprise, the end
    I'll never look into your eyes...again

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it is pretty well known at this point through direct user experience and colleague discussion along with affirmation at investigator meetings, "patients faired worse in QOL measures". Patients were frustrated, demonstrating clinical depression (mortality indicator in CHD/CABG) thereby complicating management.

In general, 1% risk doesn't justify the layer of BS delivered by Zoll. I wonder if creating patient fall-out due to OVERALL non-compliance leading to fragmentation of care and stress actually increased SCD incidence.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! Since our marketing strategy and messages, AND clinical evidence generation have been MISMANAGED from the start, I'm not sure what you're basing anything on. No one can attribute anything positive directly to him, and he even takes credit for other's work. The fact is, however, everyone that knows and has worked with guy will all say the same thing about him. SO let's not belabor the point. You must work in marketing and have nothing to do but try to contain the truth.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jamie has no power and Marshall is a total prick who disrespects the sales force. The senior leadership here is pathetic. The RM's and TM's need to make as much money as possible until the pink slip comes. That is all.