Challenger Sales Model

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone read the Challenger book yet? Does it really apply to our job in field. I have been successfully not challenging docs and providing the facts, working hard and offering exceptional service.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep doing what you are doing... A hand fail of years ago everyone was on the "spin selling" technique. The irony is the people who push these "new" ideas are the ones who don't sell for a living. While there is a burning desire to come up with a silver bullet in sales if you listen, are likeable, trustworthy, provide great service, and bring value you will do very well. Start "challenging" customers about the use of a bone stim and you will be politely ignored and disliked moving forward.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to know the sucka in this company who approved the purchase for this get rich scheme for the develper of the "Challenger Sales Model".

Now, if we were selling some novel new, conceptual technology that enhanced their revenue stream, the model might be applicable.

I'd say the company ought to "suck up" their losses on the purchase and keep the reps away from it. Otherwise, expect our competitors to reap the rewards.

It may be an interesting book to buy off Amazon and read but let's not make a big deal of it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, nothing new, sales reps make more sales but get less revenue. And it appears we have given up the dream of a new product in the foreseeable future. Good town hall meeting. Oh, yea, it's the DOS's fault that employees are unhappy. Talk to the reps more and that will placate them. Woo Hoo , good meeting.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're at least 4 years away from new product.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LAS is the "brainchild" behind Challenger. She also was instrumental in moving KH into his new role. HR was also the "Brainchild" behind the debacle of a comp plan that was originally rolled out early this year. When will TB wake up and realize that LAS does not have employees' best interests in mind and sever ties with her? If she likes you, you are "in" (for the moment) - if she doesn't know you or, worse, doesn't like you - you better look for another job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong... JM was the key to KH and N Mott found and got Challenger approved by upper mgt. TB etc... Again wrong with comp. This was DP and JM.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Somebody really has it out for this person. I doubt very seriously that HR meddles that much in sales managment decisions. If so, somebody needs to cease this situation.
    HR coming up with sales tools is ridiculous. HR coming up with a comp plan is nonsense.
    Anything sales related needs to come from Sales Management not HR.

HR should assist in screening candidates (hiring efforts) and assist in layoffs or terminations, managing benefits and conflicts. No way should HR stick their noses into Sales business. If this is indeed happening; TB needs to hold a meeting and stop this potential or alledged Epic Center.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're correct. It's not happening the other poster is paranoid and has no clue or proof.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be the last I comment on this because it's now a waste of time.... You are really clueless. I was inside and watched how all this played out. The decisions were made by JM and GN and TB and she of course is the last line of defense to ensure we are not hiring a criminal etc.. They made the decisions. She was never a fan of the idea of hiring 3 J and J people. Don't comment on what you know nothing about.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being on the inside - you are either: swept up in LAS' fake, phony, self-serving persona OR you don't have a clue. All that woman cares about is cashing out - and will do whatever it takes to ensure no one interferes with her doing so. Some how she wields extreme power and is not challenged on her decisions. Inconsistent application of policies, questionable ethics are a few of her top behaviors. Don't listen to what she says, evaluate what she does.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another bystander on all this:

What do you mean by "cash in"? What is there to "cash in"? It's doubtful that anybody will ever be able to retire from this place unless they are 60 years old or so. (perhaps some of those internal reimbursement people but that's about it)
    And, the company is not public.

I seriously doubt LAS would be one of the instigators in sales training. If so, she is over stepping.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - obviously there is a lack of understanding how corporate works at BV. As an FYI - EVERYTHING requires LAS's approval - comp plans, bonus plans, transfers/promos from field to corporate (i.e., KH), promos in field (anyone promoted to DOS or above as well as sales training), all new corporate programs (i.e., Challenger) - JM had to "sell" his ideas to LAS & DP. Also, most directors and above receive equity as part of their compensation - it is worthless unless and until BV is acquired, sold, IPO'd. All execs have "golden parachutes" which include significant equity payments, extended salary and benefits as well as considerable bonus payments - the end goal here is to sell, be acquired or go IPO - anything else is failure.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to figure out who DP is?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All starting to make sense now. Not sure why this is allowed (if true) unless she has dirt (which I am sure she does).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

David Price?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The director of HR position is open.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And.......? Random

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I this this would be a great opportunity for a high-performing sales rep to influence the direction of the company.

If you are able to move to HQ, you should apply.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does BV have an anonymous compliance hotline? If so, does an outside company answer the call? No record of any number other than a director number to PH.