Abbott contract

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey....what's the state of the Abbott contract. Hired in on the first wave, saw the writing on the wall a few months later, and left in late 2008. Is anyone left?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are around 500 or so reps left but sounds like most of them will be gone by June, good contract, but there isn't anything left to sell, so they need to trim the fat.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Number is closer to 300-400 reps left

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seriously think that next round will basically eliminate the rest, too many reps, too easy to let go of NQ without recourse from anyone, remaining abbot reps will play in the sandbox until the sand is gone.....poof

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe and Kirk said that the contract was signed for another year - til 4/11 so maybe a few of us will keep our jobs past 6/30. I agree, though, it sounds like a lot of us, or most of us, will be gone at the end of June. Look at posts on Abbott board. Rumors of a big layoff on June 30.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anybody else's NQ manager scheduled 2-day ride alongs? All of the sudden this seems to be happening. WTF?? As if our Abbott managers don't ride with us enough! This is ridiculous. PLEASE, let me get laid off at the end of June.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard they are beginning to ask for more work such as micromanagement. As a professional and an adult I hope this is not true.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup...abbott DM back to back a week ago....NQ mgr back to back starting tomorrow...Just give me my bonus and 4 week severence and let me the hell outta here!

Good Luck!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know anything is possible at this point, no 2 day ride alongs in my neck of the woods, yall are just being harrassed. Take them to the meanest doctors you have, turn your AC to low when driving in the car and make them sweat. Then dont talk much but have all your shit together during ride alongs. Make them as uncomfortable as you are having to listen to their bullshit. Old DMs forget that no body likes to see them and they are working on borrowed time. The only reason they may have been successful in the past is because as reps they had larger budgets, fewer competitors, less rules, and yet they ask reps of today to go all out and piss off their whole territory to see you do a generic detail. Patient types, asking redundant questions, showing limited information. This whole thing about not selling from your competitors PI? WOW....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes this double manager stuff is ridiculous, My NQ manager does nothing except srping ride alongs at the last minute, and of course abbott manager, She rides two full days but most of the time is on the phone and doesnt even come in to witness calls. I believe the deal is done for Me I have Crestor, any chance Ill get simcor?? Not sure, oh well, cut me loose...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the days of being an S.D. are about over!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a bad SD gig. I made over $100,000 last year.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else's NQ manager schedule a conference call for tomorrow? Praying for a layoff!! That's pretty sad considering this economy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like your "manager" is just like the rest of the NQ "managers"...trying to keep as many reps on/protect their bonus til we get let go. Our CC was silent after breaking the news of 'no layoffs'... only because nobody felt like wasting their breath just to hear lies

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm starting to feel lucky to have been laid off in March...and somewhat jealous of those laid off last year!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone hearing anything about this contract? I know I should be grateful to have a job but 2 managers is insane. This job that makes NO SENSE anyway - 4 products, can't see 50% of our targets, 3 to 4 people in small territories. and yet are encouraged to lie about access during our call planning session last week with Abbott DM. "Just do what you have to do to make the numbers work." So we put in doctors who we will NEVER, EVER SEE and then lie about it when we put in "Detail Only" calls. Just to make the numbers work. Do Abbott corporate people really HAVE NO CLUE as to what is going on out in the field? I think everyone is just trying to justify their jobs - including NQ managers. When is the next layoff? I would rather get unemployment than deal with this BS anymore.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then please stop being chicken shit already and just resign!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please just quit! You can take my place in the unemployment line if you really want it and I'll take your place. NQ is like being on unemployment with an expense account and free car. Enjoy what you have as this will be your easiest job ever.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone hearing anything about this contract? Once again, rumors of a layoff on the Abbott board. I'm afraid Abbott will cut our contract short - after all, we provide a flexible workforce as Julie Miller stated some time ago. Hate to face unemployment and it seems as though Quintiles hasn't landed a significant contract in quite a while. Guess there are just not many out there to be landed! There are so many unemployed pharma reps these days. Time to find a new career.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even Julie Miller is gone now.... I think a major reorganization is on the horizon