Merry Christmas your fired!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has to be the worst company in the world. Why would you announce layoffs 2 days before Christmas. I work in Oncology and I am so embarrassed by this company. Novartis can rot in hell. Stay classy Novartis stay classy.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you talking about?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what announcement?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just got text from my neuroscience friend- conf call last night disbanded entire division. 110 people let go.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let all of neuro/psych go yesterday

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oncology colleague. Thank you for your thoughts.

As I prepare for the outside job market its words such as your that I appreciate.

No matter what division, disease state or company... This industry sucks right now. All the hate and degrading comments about our skills and marketability are just white noise. People; many need to work and will come out ok.

Re: Novartis. It's about $. We are an expense to make more money. Yes, oncology, vaccines and Derm as well. You have a path as do I. Novartis doeS nOT CARE!

Thanks for your humanity and not using this anonymous forum as your chest thumping pulpit for masking low self esteem.

I'm gonna wrap some xmas presents now.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know it's a business decision we all sign up for this. Come on 2 days before Christmas what low class losers run this pathetic company. I will help all my friends in Neuro to find new jobs and then they can take me along. I spit on the feet of all the Novartis leaders may you suffer the same fate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know it sucks right now, but don't let years of dysfunctional Novartis skew your entire view of Pharma. Yes, there are many challenges in our industry that our pharma forefathers never had to endure...however, the right company and product mix makes all the difference. I left Novartis a year ago and found a great gig where the company doesn't act like a retarded, heartless, rudderless corporate oaf staggering through corporate America. Novartis only cares how the the US dollar affects their Swiss Franc. Period. The Patient-first-best-in-class-pipeline pap is just window dressing and lip service.

Take care.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so fucked up. Even if the Vanda deal was settled and we aren't promoting EP anymore, there is no reason that they had to call a last minute con call during Chanukah and TWO DAYS before XMas and destroy the holidays for over 100 families. Everyone is ready to celebrate with their families until Richard R comes along and says..."I realize the timing is less than ideal, but you're fired." If you realize the timing is less than ideal, then don't fucking do it man. Also, please don't pretend it is some kind of altruistic act that gives us more time to find jobs and be transparent. I am going to assume has to be some financial benefit when it comes to the severance packages or payouts to the company that they gained by notifying us in December instead of the New Year. I know it wasn't for sure it wasn't to benefit us.
    Now instead of working today, I need to figure out which XMas gifts to return and cancel some vacations that I planned after they told me a month ago that I was safe when they probably had full knowledge that this was likely going to happen.
    I hope the people that made these decisions don't sleep very well tonight but I am sure they will.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we all knew that this team was doomed from the minute it was formed. We knew we had two products that were going away in the near future. I also understand that the Vanda deal happened and it was right to tell us about it.
    What I don't understand how is how a group of human beings can sit in a room and make a decision to conduct a conference call on December 22 at 4 PM to tell over 100 people that they are laid off and destroying the holiday for over 100 families. That has to be an all time historical jerk move. Especially when the call starts off telling us that they realize the timing isn't ideal. Really? How about this idea....If the timing isn't ideal, then don't do it? Just a thought.
    Another thought is that they wouldn't have done it unless there was some kind of financial benefit to them gained by notifying us in December instead of January. I am sure there was some voice of reason (also called a conscience) that spoke up and suggested that they wait until after the new year. Clearly that didn't happen and I struggle to believe their explanation that they wanted to be transparent and communicate this to us on a timely basis so we would have more time to look for work and apply for internal spots.
    I am sure this falls on deaf ears but whatever. Now it's time to start cancelling vacations that were planned after we were told that we were safe.
    I hope all the HQ people that made this decision enjoy their holidays.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand that layoffs are to be expected, in this business, but couldn't Novartis have a heart and wait until after the holidays to notify people. Nothing line ruining the holidays for people.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or early enough that employees could have used discretion in holiday spending
    More products of the elite "ivy league" compassionate crony cabal

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You left a year ago and I see you drank their Koolaid. ALL companies are the same.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, that is heartless! As an associate downsized from Dev last June, I was at least able to leave with some dignity...good package; now retired. Hope they at least give something to you folks.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I woke up this morning and thought I had a bad dream that I just got fired on Christmas...oh wait...that was real.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A kick in the Christmas balls.
    Pass the Egg Nog KoolAide please....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis sucks!! And the execs laugh all the way to the bank. A movie /comedy could be made based on novartis's treatment of reps. Ridiculous. And they continue to feed us legal bullshit like we give a damn. Soulless pathetic arrogant assholes who will burn in hell.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Satan has got a hold of this company. Leadership is the devil here.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there was even a hint of sympathy or empathy in the delivery of the message that we are getting laid off (and the fact that it was two days before Christmas), I missed it.
    It almost seems like RRS couldn't care less in delivering the message. Just robot answers. I understand your frustration...I realize the timing is poor...etc. He just wanted to get us off the phone and be on his way. Just taking care of business. I didn't expect anything else but with most people, there would be some sense of decency and not just coldness.
    Have to trust that karma will find it's way back to him eventually.
    Good luck everybody.